Jonathan

You could try Blockley Tyres (https://www.blockleytyre.com/) - no connection other than I've spoken to the business owner at various events and he's really enthusiastic and knowledgeable - he really puts his money where his mouth is because he's a very successful racer of vintage machinery on his own tyres, and boy does he drive!

His tyres are specifically for classic cars and I believe great value and a classic tread pattern but with modern compounds and construction

Cheers Rich

My 69 Pi car came from the factory with Dunlop SP Sport Radials, ('Groundhogs') with inner tubes cos it came with wire wheels. For shows and a bit of bling I bought TR Shop chrome wires fitted with 165/80/15 Dunlop Sport Classic (87H) Tubeless (cos new wire wheels are sealed) Not cheap at £136 each, but they go good.  

Just an interesting add worth noting I replaced my tyres on my daily driver today and when I looked the manufacture date was February 2019. Not to worried about my daily driver but I'm looking to buy two new tyres for TR6 soon and given that age rather than wear is whats going to kill my classic tyres I would be gutted to lose 20% already!!

1 hour ago, Richmac said:

Just an interesting add worth noting I replaced my tyres on my daily driver today and when I looked the manufacture date was February 2019. Not to worried about my daily driver but I'm looking to buy two new tyres for TR6 soon and given that age rather than wear is whats going to kill my classic tyres I would be gutted to lose 20% already!!

Another reason to buy a tyre size with a high turnover.

I've just had a new front tyre for my Sunbeam motorcycle.  It's an odd size and a classic tread pattern (a Dunlop TT100 motorcycle tyre) so I was concerned about ending up with old stock.  Although I wouldn't normally have thought of them for tyres - I bought from Demon Tweeks ..as their price (with delivery) was best.  But first I spoke to their sales agent about my concern of the tyre's age ..and he assured me that it would be new stock from Dunlop.  Delivery however might be a week or ten days.  As it happens, the tyre arrived two days later and was DOT coded : 3620.  What's that beginning of September this year.  Naturally I was very pleased and might recommend Demon Tweeks, both on price and because they have a regular turnover of stock. 

I don't know if they have what you want, but even if not - I would give them a call to ask, as they order direct from the manufacturers.

Pete.

See reply from the online tyre supplier I used and queried. Don't think I will be using them to source tyres for the TR if they think five year old tyres are ok to supply

'We do not hold our own stock of tyres, they are sourced from external suppliers who ship them onto the customer or garages directly. We therefore do not see the tyres, nor do we get any information regarding dot codes on the tyres as our suppliers cannot guarantee what will be sent. Tyres are classed as "new" and fit for purpose up to 5 years from the manufacturing date. Our suppliers do advise the majority of orders will have tyres sent within 2 years of the manufacturing date.'