A TR6 Story

Hope forum members and mods wouldn't mind me telling a TR6 story here rather than a technical Q & A ?

One of my sons is a professional racing driver and a regularly competitor at the annual 24 Hours of Le Mans.  When he was a teenage school boy I used to collect him from school in my TR6 if it was a nice day instead of my saloon car.  But he was often hard to find because when he spotted I was in the TR he would hide behind park cars, and only appeared further away from the school ! Years later he told me he didn't want his mates to see him in an old sports car!  Now 20 years on he recently made me an offer to buy the TR off me as he fancied it as an investment! I said 'No'!  :P   

Good on yer, that’s taught him a life lesson

My kids made me drop them or pick them up around the corner from school in my TR2. They didn't want the other kids to think they were rich because I had a sports car.

The big question is - will your son inherit the car anyway, it may only be a matter of timing?
Ian

Edited by cvtrian

If the suns shinning my 7 year old grandson expects me to pick him up in the TR His friends comment your grandad as come in the cool car

On 11/13/2020 at 6:13 PM, CP26309 said:

Hope forum members and mods wouldn't mind me telling a TR6 story here rather than a technical Q & A ?

One of my sons is a professional racing driver and a regularly competitor at the annual 24 Hours of Le Mans.  When he was a teenage school boy I used to collect him from school in my TR6 if it was a nice day instead of my saloon car.  But he was often hard to find because when he spotted I was in the TR he would hide behind park cars, and only appeared further away from the school ! Years later he told me he didn't want his mates to see him in an old sports car!  Now 20 years on he recently made me an offer to buy the TR off me as he fancied it as an investment! I said 'No'!  :P   

I'm guessing from a hunch based on an interview I once recorded, that your son's name is Anthony? ;-)