Cleaning crud from around back of wheels under wing!!

Hi all

i am about to embark on the task of cleaning many years of caked on old grease and whatever else from around the back of the wheels and suspension bits on the car ,I plan on jacking up one wheel at a time and doing this by hand.I was wondering if any of you guys had come across any miracle stuff to apply to help me with this mucky and laborious task.My thoughts are to apply something with a paint brush and keeping my Drive as clean as I can by catching it in a bowl,and carefully scraping away,any ideas or previously gained knowledge would be most welcome 

stay safe everyone 

nige

A pressure hose will break off most encrusted muck, and leave it in lumps that may be swept up afterwards.  Any solvent is likely to lead to a mucky scum on the ground, more difficult to clean away.

John

White spirit an old washing up bowl, paint brush and a jumbo roll of paper towl & rags will remove the grease etc. I cleaned of the old waxoyle from my last TR as it had gathered dirt over the years, worked very well.

It’s were that crud gets is the reason they rust on the joints and inner panels.

For general degreasing try Screwfix NONSENSE HEAVY DUTY DEGREASER which come in a 5ltr container.  Can be diluted or used neat; spray or brush on then hose/pressure wash off.    It works really well and reminds me of the stuff we used to clean the oily crud off aircraft with.