MG & Triumph Show - new venue and 2021 date UPDATE. x TWO

A colleague in the TRDC has just been informed that the show normally held at Stoneleigh will be at a new venue next year - Telford International Centre, and a provisional date has been pencilled in - February 7th.

More info here - http://www.mgandtriumphsparesday.co.uk/

Fingers crossed covid regulations allow it to proceed
Ian

1 hour ago, Mick Forey said:

Bit of proof reading required then, Advance tickets are or arent on sale?

Stuart.

The FAQs for this venue state:

The Telford International Centre has over 1500 car parking spaces onsite, all within easy walking distance of the venue.

Charges may vary depending on the event you are attending.  There are multiple car parks within Telford Town Centre which are also chargeable.

Will those attending this Show have to pay to park? - was always free at Stoneleigh, albeit could be muddy!

If so, how much?

Ian Cornish

So having looked at trying to put a trip together for this show, and I've never been to Telford, it would seem that the centre is virtually in the middle of town, with a massive car park.

Most town centre hotels do not have much on site parking, can anyone recommend a place to stay, that would accomodate the cars, or should we park in the centre car park on the Saturday Night, and walk to accomodation etc.

John.

There looks to be three hotels within easy walking distance: The Holiday Inn and The International both have their own typical hotel car parks, right next to the Centre. The Premier Inn is in a shopping centre with a large shared car park further away from the Centre.

Be great if it happens, a good way to kick off the year.

Mick

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, PGB BME said:

Surely this event won’t happen, not with cases rising as they are. Vaccination is going to be slow and you need the follow up injection for protection!

Anyone buying tickets must be oblivious to the virus news. 
Phil

It is just 6 weeks away. I can;t see how it can go ahead.  It would be a wonderful miracle if the virus died out in time.

Roger

I'm waiting until the last minute to buy tickets but I suspect we may all be all in tier 4 or even 5 very soon. 

Makes me also wonder if the PC restoration show in Aug will go ahead on time as the vaccination program seems slow to take off even for Health Care workers.

Andy 

14 hours ago, PodOne said:

I'm waiting until the last minute to buy tickets but I suspect we may all be all in tier 4 or even 5 very soon. 

Makes me also wonder if the PC restoration show in Aug will go ahead on time as the vaccination program seems slow to take off even for Health Care workers.

Andy 

Hi Andy
Oxford vaccine approved this morning, fingers crossed it proves to be a proper game changer. Like you I suspect the MG/Triumph show might be vulnerable, but after Easter things may look more positive.
My glass is half full................
Ian

Morning Chaps, 

Hotel is booked , just in case it does happen.  

But Stand space isn't booked , hasn't even been talked about  !

Sadly I too can't see it happening,  i hate to be a doubter, just being realistic !

See you in the New Year , Maybe....

Conrad.

2 hours ago, cvtrian said:

Hi Andy
Oxford vaccine approved this morning, fingers crossed it proves to be a proper game changer. Like you I suspect the MG/Triumph show might be vulnerable, but after Easter things may look more positive.
My glass is half full................
Ian

No good Ian, drinking the vaccine won't work...it has to be an injection.

Mick Richards

• John Morrison changed the title to MG & Triumph Show - new venue and 2021 date UPDATE.

If it helps anyone , as a regular stand holder , i haven't been contacted re the date change or asked to book anything .

This isn't because they are not organised , but purely because of the uncertainty of whether the Show actually takes place .

So while Covid rages throughout the Country , it's not difficult to guess that this uncertainty will continue  !

Alot of us are champing at the bit to get out and do something,  but until normality returns, we have to be Patient. 

The Organisers of Beaulieu International Autojumble have Pencilled in the Spring and September Events, but nothing is booked yet, so the same goes for them I suppose. At least they are trying to be Positive. 

Meanwhile more and more People are Working on cars and resurrecting old untouched Projects, and therefore looking for Parts .......  We have the Wanted section on the Forum, but maybe in this prolonged Covid situation we need a Desperately Needed Section. !!

Happy Hunting, 

Conrad.

• John Morrison changed the title to MG & Triumph Show - new venue and 2021 date UPDATE. x TWO