Supercharged Triumph 6 pots, but not in a Triumph.....

Hello guys,

I hope you are well !

I've got a project in my barns : it's built on a 1953 Riley chassis, and will move, not only under Kiwifrog (aka Alan Wynn, seen here pushing, left hand on wheel) strong power, but with the help of a TR6 supercharged engine.

I don't want to use a "ready to fit" kit as sold by Moss, but create my own period looking compressor/inlet manifold with an old, big SU.

Who can share his knowledge on this subject ?

26055854_10204082408697115_6785761522093802308_n.jpg.7dfd76c96c313ac4e3cd37897bfcbba3.jpg

Edited by Chris59

Chris -

17 hours ago, Chris59 said:

Hello guys,

I hope you are well !

I've got a project in my barns : it's built on a 1953 Riley chassis, and will move, not only under Kiwifrog (aka Alan Wynn, seen here pushing, left hand on wheel) strong power, but with the help of a TR6 supercharged engine.

I don't want to use a "ready to fit" kit as sold by Moss, but create my own period looking compressor/inlet manifold with an old, big SU.

Who can share his knowledge on this subject ?

There is at least one forum expert on TR Supercharging, Prof Peter Cobbold, I'm sure he will be along shortly to help you out. Peter has had contact with most of the owners of supercharged TRs.

If you want a copy of his IWE presentation on supercharging TR's, Peter has given me permission to share it with interested parties, I will send it via email if your address is still the same as a few years ago

I do also know of a supercharged TR6 living with its owner in France, his car has a MOSS kit fitted but could be useful to compare notes?

MOSS are not able to supply the "bolt on" kit any longer, something to do with a lack of suitable carbs.
Ian

Edited by cvtrian

Hi 

I have the moss kit on my 6 very happy to help

PM me..

Tim

Hello Ian, many thanks for your reply, yes, the adress still the same ;)

Ha, yes, Pr Peter Cobbold, hope he is well too !

Hello Tim, thanks for the kind offer I don't think I'll use a Mercedes Kompressor, as the one you have on your TR6, but I'll contact you if needed.

Cheers !

Edited by Chris59
21 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Chris you should get that Arnott one I linked you to , very period.

Stuart.

10 minutes ago, stuart said:

Chris you should get that Arnott one I linked you to , very period.

Stuart.

I can't find the link anymore Stuart ?

Edited by Chris59

Thanks Stuart.

Is it a sort of "dump" valve on  this  picture ?

image.png

Edited by Chris59
15 hours ago, Chris59 said:

Thanks Stuart.

Is it a sort of "dump" valve on  this  picture ?

image.png

I have no idea, not in my experience Im afraid Chris

Stuart.