My front RHS headlamp has condensation inside. Is there a simple way to remove it or can I put silica gel inside.

it looks as if the whole front bumper has to be taken off. This is not a Tr problem but someone may be able to help. Thanks Richard & B

How old is the Passat?

If I remember correctly this was an issue a few years ago, quite a lot of the front of the car will need to be dismantled. 

I had the same problem with an Audi A4 company car. I had a headlamp bulb fail when I was away from home. I bought a bulb in Halfords and then found I couldn’t fit it. I had to take it to a dealer and I think they charged for two hours labour. 

Rgds Ian

Hi Richard 

A friend of mine used a hair dryer on a low heat which was effective on a Honda Civic.

Do you have a hair dryer? Moreover do you still NEED one? Maybe you could dust it down and redeploy an old redundant hair dryer as a headlamp demister ?:lol:

On a more serious note maybe the seal around the glass is leaking, or is it nearer a heat source on that side which causes it?

Kevin

I have removed a large rubber cap from the back of the headlamp and although  it was parked in the sun, the fresh air did not help. I also watched a YouTube video on how to do the removal. It was lacking in detail but gave me a general idea. There are only 4 screws but on the RHS one is very hard to reach. If it was summer I would give it an evening

Meanwhile I have made an ebay purchase of silica gel and will try that out first.

Richard & B