If the problem was the casting, can this have resulted in sucking air in? Just curious what exactly caused the failures reported in the past which were more around leaking oil out or “no brakes left”.  Anyone?

Cheers,
Waldi

There were numerous problems, tipping valve sticking, not concentrically bored, leaks around the tank, leaks back through seals, you name it it was wrong etc etc. If you search for the original thread on it the saga went on for a long time and no responsibility was ever admitted.

Stuart.

44 minutes ago, Waldi said:

Thanks Stuart,

hard to believe a manufacturer can produce such poor quality.

Waldi 

Waldi

All the suppliers had the same units thankfully they should have got rid by now a warning to others be careful what you buy online 

With the risk of repeating if this is properly described elsewhere on this forum: can you recognise these MC’s?Make, markings, anything?

Thanks,
Waldi

4 hours ago, Waldi said:

With the risk of repeating if this is properly described elsewhere on this forum: can you recognise these MC’s?Make, markings, anything?

Thanks,
Waldi

Not really as they were in genuine looking TRW boxes and looked the same as the offerings previously and since. I dont know if there was any batch numbers on the boxes at the time. New ones now seem to be OK as theres been no failures apart from yours for a few years.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Steve I have 2 systems 1. Snap-on vacuum pump that sucks the fluid out of the nipple. 2. A bottle with a transparent hose and a one way valve. This was bought from a big supplier who normally sells thing only to garages. It works.

The advantage of the vacuum pump is I don't have to push the pedal. I just undo the little bleed screw suck and screw it back up again. A one man job.

To be on the safe side I have ordered a new MC. If the old one is OK then I have a spare. I will at the same time finished the piping.