Dip Switch Mounting bracket - TR2 to TR3a

A friend has asked me to make a right hand drive dip switch mounting bracket for  a L H D car which he has imported.

Please see the couple of pictures below. As far as I am aware there are two types, early No2, and late No1. These are both a copy of the original, laser cut, and folded steel plate.

Please contact me if you need one, I will make a small number of each. The cost will be £18 each.

Russell

IMG_0407.jpeg

Three months too late for me, had to make one.  Would have much rather spent the £18 and saved a day of my time.

Ralph.

Hi David.

It's a funny old World. I've been asked by a small number of people in the UK to make RHD one's because they have imported cars from the USA, and you want a LHD type. I'm sure someone reading this has one in the UK that they have removed, and with luck, will send it to you, I hope!!!!

Kind regards Russell

Hi Russ

Well done for filling yet another gap in the side-screen TR unavailable parts list.

These are pretty much unavailable now, as with most RHD specific parts. 

Nice to see that you have covered both the early and late type.

I would like a couple of each please.

Send me a PM to arrange.

Regards Simon

3 hours ago, YOW500 said:

Hi David.

It's a funny old World. I've been asked by a small number of people in the UK to make RHD one's because they have imported cars from the USA, and you want a LHD type. I'm sure someone reading this has one in the UK that they have removed, and with luck, will send it to you, I hope!!!!

Kind regards Russell

That would be fortuitous! 

1 hour ago, David Owen said:

If anyone does have a left hand drive dip switch bracket I will gladly pay for it and provide my shipping account # to get it here. 

I may have one, I’ll have a look when I get home later today. 

Rgds Ian

1 hour ago, YOW500 said:

David.

If you check out Macey's Garage in the USA they have the LHD dip switch bracket at $42.

Russell

Thank you Russell.  The Macy's bracket is built for the pre 60000.  I am going to attempt to get everything as correct as possible so I will keep looking.  Or get one of yours and reverse the folds and weld it if it breaks.

Edited by David Owen

I threw the LHD one away. It was very rusty and beyond saving, but it was a simple 90 degree bracket with diagonal reinforcing sides bolted to the bulkhead side. Would be easy to make.

Ralph.

• 2 years later...
On 11/7/2020 at 12:11 PM, YOW500 said:

A friend has asked me to make a right hand drive dip switch mounting bracket for  a L H D car which he has imported.

Please see the couple of pictures below. As far as I am aware there are two types, early No2, and late No1. These are both a copy of the original, laser cut, and folded steel plate.

Please contact me if you need one, I will make a small number of each. The cost will be £18 each.

Russell

IMG_0407.jpeg

Hello, I know it is some time since your post but do you still have the one on the left (type 2) available please?

Edited by EdwardP