TR6 Boot Detail & Ignition Switch

Hi. I have a 1973 RHD TR6. Hoping to do a few small jobs during lockdown. I would most grateful if someone could email a photograph showing where the leather tool roll strap should be located in the boot & similarly the jack? Also, has anyone moved the steering lock/ignition to an alternative location? Currently, at 6"2', my wife believes I may have to go on a Pilates/Yoga course to use the current system! Regards, Guy Vinall, Derbyshire. 

Hi Ed. Thanks so much for the reply, very helpful. I will move the ignition over the next few months, possibly to a position on the dashboard drivers side. What a superb restoration. The car looks immaculate. Interestingly enough, my youngest son has an MGB GT in the same or similar colour, christened "Colonel Mustard" Presumably BMC shared colours around the various marques. 

Although, for a change,  I'm not restoring my TR6 I am bringing certain areas up to a higher standard and your picture library will be a great help!

Kind regards,

Guy Vinall

Hi Ed, I decided to look at your blog and rebuild photos and notes. WOW WOW WOW, that is amazing and so well documented Your skills in all departments are just great

Keep up the good work

kc

Hi Guy, have attached a photo showing the location of the tool strap in the boot on my car. Not sure of the jack position though.

Steve

7E7B8835-02E5-4967-91E6-EBDC66E94FC2.jpeg

Glad to help. Body is off the chassis now, just starting a full resto! Must be mad.

Steve