Good evening guys. My heater doesn't work on my tr6. I've had the car 25 years and can't remember when it ever worked. As I'm currently working on the entire system I. Ay as well see whats going on. So I find 3 wires coming from the heater. None attached to the switch. Have a feeling I disconnected this years ago. So what arw the 3 wires and where does the live for the motor come from? 

I also found about 10 more wires going nowhere. LOL. Whats it all about eh. 

Got it. So there should be a green live feed to the switch. The the other 2 wires are for 1st and second speed and the black is ground. Ok. I'll fire a live to wires and see what we have. Thanks for that. 

Be a little careful when doing so!!

Mine didnt work either (since I had the car)

When I put a battery charger across one pair of wires, it drew about (from memory) 2 amps.

The other pairing/speed instantly pulled 15A and switched the charger off!!

New motor was required.......

Cleaned the switch out too.

Now have 2 speeds, and warm all over!!

The switch has way more contacts than needed. Presumably they fulfill some function when used in different applications. If you look carefully they are numbered as per the diagram Roger provided the link to above. Mine was wired back to front and not earthed so no surprise it wasn't blowing!

Also,

avoid short-cutting the wires (connectors) or the contact pins to ground (everything iron around it).

Waldi

The dash is coming out today. I'll first have to find the original live feed. Fingers crossed. If the fan doesn't work, sadly due to not working now for 4 months, no new fan motor will be bought. But it will be added to the wish list. I'll let you guys know what my findings are

Rodger. Your a wealth of knowledge sir. A veritable classic car encyclopedia. An no i dont mock. I've had my 6 for 25 years but the car rarely needs attention. Plus it does so little miles. The last 10 years I've had so little time to devote to my cars.