Our Clubs Technical Seminars

Just thought it was time folk were reminded of the fabulous resource our

club provides in the form of these ex IWE, technical seminars.

Just, (As I'm looking to get some Covid 19 Respite Care this winter,) rewatched  Stuarts Lead Loading Seminar,

just cracking information taught in a straitforward way a lay man can follow.

There are other seminars of course, all just great stuff,

Thanks to all, who took the time.

John.

Thanks John, the plan was to record all the seminars and make them available to members who were not able to attend the IWE (or other times of the year), and build up a broad library for all members access, as well as recording the techniques and skills for future reference.

The chap who recorded the seminars relayed the images onto a projector screen so everyone could see what was happening, live, as though they were better than front row seats. Dave Roberts (Concept Filming) did a great job with these seminars, and also produced the TR Register Welcome pack dvd, he also did the honours at the 50th anniversary event at Hopcrofts Holt.

Sadly it all seems to have dropped off the radar of club priorities at the moment.
Ian

There are 5 seminars available free to members in the Members Technical section. 
Basic maintenance - IanC

The works Tr4’s -  IanC

Lead loading - Stuart E

Electrics - T Thomson

Gearbox and Overdrive rebuild. - P Cox

Just login in to the members area and enjoy.

Iain

Edited by iain
52 minutes ago, cvtrian said:

Thanks John, the plan was to record all the seminars and make them available to members who were not able to attend the IWE (or other times of the year), and build up a broad library for all members access, as well as recording the techniques and skills for future reference.

The chap who recorded the seminars relayed the images onto a projector screen so everyone could see what was happening, live, as though they were better than front row seats. Dave Roberts (Concept Filming) did a great job with these seminars, and also produced the TR Register Welcome pack dvd, he also did the honours at the 50th anniversary event at Hopcrofts Holt.

Sadly it all seems to have dropped off the radar of club priorities at the moment.
Ian

I know Ian,

enjoyed both Stuarts and Tony Thomsons electrics ones, live so to speak,

But watching Stuarts this morning, its better than anything else on the tube or whatever,

time we appreciated what we have.

John.

24 minutes ago, iain said:

There are 5 seminars available free to members in the Members Technical section. 
Basic maintenance - IanC

The works Tr4’s -  IanC

Lead loading - Stuart E

Electrics - T Thompson

Iain

Absolutely Iain,

and worth an annual membership of our great club, for any one of these, let alone all five.

John.

There was another seminar delivered in 2015 - "Supercharging TRs for the road", created and delivered by Prof Peter Cobbold, however this was in a ppt presentation format so we were not able to produce a dvd and use the pc for recording at the same time as showing the presentation, a great pity.

If anyone would like a copy of the presentation, I have one, so pm me and I will ask Peter if its OK to send a copy - the pdf file is >6MB so wont fit on the forum.
Ian

Edited by cvtrian
13 minutes ago, Lebro said:

wetransfer.com  is an easy way to share large files, & it's free up to a certain file size (quite large enough for most puposes)

Bob.

HI Bob
If there is enough interest and Peter agrees, it should go alongside the other technical seminars and The Works TR4s on the website. Out of curtesy, I have sent Peter an email asking his permission. If Peter says yes, and enough people are interested, I will get it to Wayne for him to do the honours. If only a few people inquire, I would happily send them a copy myself.
Thanks, Ian

4 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Absolutely Iain,

and worth an annual membership of our great club, for any one of these, let alone all five.

John.

Absolutely John, I was just trying to make sure people knew where to look for these resources.......to me the members section is a bit hidden and perhaps dare I say it a bit underpromoted as a benefit of membership

Iain

On 10/31/2020 at 10:56 AM, iain said:

Basic maintenance - IanC

The works Tr4’s -  IanC

Lead loading - Stuart E

Electrics - T Thompson

Iain

Minor correction:

Electrics - Tony Thomson (no P)

Cheers

TT