Upper Inner Wishbone bushes

Hi 

I'm just cleaning up and painting my front suspension parts, (1963 TR4), and I'm putting together a list of new bushes etc. I need to replace. The upper wishbone inner bushes I've removed are steel/nylon, I don't think this is standard? I'm considering of replacing these with poly-bushes, but would I still need the steel sleeve? Is there any advantage to keeping them nylon?

Thanks

Paul

Edited by gloide69
  • gloide69 changed the title to Upper Inner Wishbone bushes
  • 2 weeks later...

I went and bought a set of poly-bushes from Moss, and I thought I'd share how I fitted them to the upper arms. I struggled at first as they need a fair bit of pressure to get them started in the hole and with the grease they slipped around quite a bit and were difficult to constrain. I used a large socket to contain the bush as shown in the pictures, then if was fairly easy to get the bush started in the arm, once started they pushed home easily by hand.

Cheers

Paul

Untitled.jpg