VIN Manufacturing date

Hi All'
I have recently imported from the Illinois a Triumph TR4A IRS Registered in the States in 1967 
I have decoded the VIN with regard to it being a non overdrive , LHD , Trim Exterior : New White, Interior : Matador Red Leather .
What I am trying to define is the actual build date ( date of manufacture ) I have had one kind chap  reply saying it was December 1965 but also someone the chassis number below post 65 in build 
The Chassis No: CTC63795L
Any Help would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Dave

20201013_150302.jpg

Hi Dave, according to Mr Bill Piggott's excellent Original Triumph TR  page 102 ; CTC 50006 was built on 5-Jan-1965 while CTC 64148 was built on 3-Jan-1966.

If you were to assume a linear production numbers throughout the year (which would ignore holidays and factory stoppages or supplier delays) you can work back from there to estimate your car's build date ..late in 1965.

Pete

Edited by Bfg

See page 4 of TR Action.  You can obtain a trace from British Motor Museum - website is

britishmotormuseum.co.uk/archive/heritage-certificates.

Cost is £43 plus postage.  

You need to quote model, commission/chassis number, and allow 28 days for delivery.

Ian Cornish

jazz

and you will need a heritage certificate as ian has pointed out above when you come to apply for a uk registration plate with the dvla . 

if you need any help with the application contact me  on V765@tr-register.co.uk

regards

graham