Photo size reduction no longer works.

Anybody else noticed that re-sizing photos no longer works - it seems to when composing the post , or editing it,

but when you save, the photo goes back to being full size ?

IMG-20201026-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.bc54dfc655354d6ab4c1d13c88754ca9.jpeg

Bob

Edited by Lebro
inserting example photo
  • 2 weeks later...

Further info on this. prior to it going wrong I made a post in here, (2nd post down)

The first two photos are reduced, but if clicked on will open up to being full size (as it should be) but the additional photos are much larger, which is not how I would have left them.  if I edit that post, & use the re-size facility to get them down to a reasonable size it all works, but when I save the edited post they revert to being full size, but the first two photos remain as being small until clicked on.

So the error seems to happen at the point of saving the post - any photo size formatting gets thrown away.

I'm sure this must be a bug, rather than a deliberate change as it doesn't save any space file size wise, it just uses up much more screen space.

Can someone look to putting it right please ?

Bob

Edited by Lebro
  • 2 months later...

Just testing to see if anything has been done to restore this useful feature:

957715912_RuanMajor21972.thumb.jpg.9c0146ed855c4cdfe12bfdfbfb9380ec.jpg

Bob.

P.S.

Answer is yes, it works again !!!  Thanks whoever sorted it out.

Edited by Lebro

Is it possible to reduce size of photos posted months or years ago because I ran out of space a while back. I know I could delete each photo individually and then  try to reduce the size of the original and put that back onto the post. Is there any way of doing it on the post itself?

Keith

The size reduction I have been talking about only reduces the viewed size in the post, it does not change the size of what is stored.

The advantage is you can create a post with a small photo, which If anyone wishes to view it at a larger size, they just have to click on it.

You can do this retrospectively (I have done just that with a load of photos in my recent "rebuilding TR3 engine & gearbox" thread), but it won't change the stored size.

You used to be able to delete photos from your storage area, but not any more, which is a shame I think.

Bob.

Just edit the post which has a full size photo in it, double click on the photo & select a lower pixel count, then click on update.

Save the edited post & job done.

957715912_RuanMajor21972.thumb.jpg.9c0146ed855c4cdfe12bfdfbfb9380ec.jpg

957715912_RuanMajor21972.thumb.jpg.9c0146ed855c4cdfe12bfdfbfb9380ec.jpg 957715912_RuanMajor21972.thumb.jpg.9c0146ed855c4cdfe12bfdfbfb9380ec.jpg 957715912_RuanMajor21972.thumb.jpg.9c0146ed855c4cdfe12bfdfbfb9380ec.jpg

These all from the same image in my "store"

Edited by Lebro