Dedicated front coil over shock absorbers,

3 hours ago, Malbaby said:

Has anyone fitted Mustang 11 QA-1 adjustable coil over shock absorbers,
Interested to know.... did you modify the spring tower and what length spring and spring rate did you use.

Err no and why would you?

Stuart.

12 hours ago, Malbaby said:

Giving up trying to find a combination of spring height and compression rate that suits me....[softer ride]

And because I can...:D

Standard springs and shocks are pretty soft, most on here are trying to go the other way ;)

Stuart.

Changing to differnet coil/shock combinations isn't that simple - you need to know what the lengths, diamenter and spring ratings are in comparison to the 4A to be able to know if they will fit. Likewise you need to know the damper mounting compressed length and range of movement  as well as the stiffness compared to standard.

If you go for adjustable shocks they can be set at the lower end off stiffness to suite the ride you are seeking.

As stuart says the standard springs are pretty soft so begs the question as to whether someone has fitted uprated ones in the past.

What tyres are you running - lower profile ones tend to make the ride harsher.

Thanks Andy...Yes, I am aware that "Changing to different coil/shock combinations isn't that simple"

I am fairly sure my springs are stock..ie about 305-315lb/in. and 11" free length, and that the shocks are OK.

If I could find 250lb springs at a suitable free length then I would be happy to road test them. Currently cannot find any spring supplier that stocks these.

Current tyres are 195.65.15.