Surplus to requirements?

Hi All,  

The ongoing work on the TR5 led to the removal of the pedal box today. Thought Id removed all the bolts and wondered why it wouldnt move, until I notice two tiny almost flat bolt heads, (same colour as the paint work) on the upper side of the bulk head which were securing a bracket  on the underside of the pedal box. See attached photos - it looks like a mounting bracket for a radio, but is slightly too small and what an awful position..! 

I cant find this part in any of the manuals/diagrams so am pretty sure its surplus to requirements but would appreciate confirmation (or otherwise) before I bin it. All opinions welcome. Many thanks, Dave

20201025_113544.thumb.jpg.ef1bb8f2aaea62300f7829ec10fa8644.jpg20201025_113551.thumb.jpg.d6062aa12c7314b1d675452a872fdf7f.jpgve

20201025_113747.thumb.jpg.8804e8dc895e347aedd1beabab60ee18.jpg

Nothing like that on mine Dave.

Paul

Looks like a CB radio bracket to me.

I would agree with Graham. I made something very similar for the 3a.

Cheers,

Tim

17 hours ago, Tim T said:

Cheers,

Tim

Paul, Graham and Tim,

Thanks all, for your replies. Youre confirming what I thought that it belongs to some extraneous accessory. When I acquired the car it had a graphic equaliser sitting in the glovebox and I'm wondering if it started life mounted under the pedal box frame - what an odd place though. Anyway the offending bracket wont be included in the rebuild, so thanks again all. Independent views help a lot!

Dave

17 hours ago, Tim T said:

Cheers,

Tim

On 10/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, Graham said:

Looks like a CB radio bracket to me.

On 10/28/2020 at 4:38 PM, Paul J said:

Nothing like that on mine Dave.

Paul

Paul, Graham and Tim,

Thanks all, for your replies. Youre confirming what I thought that it belongs to some extraneous accessory. When I acquired the car it had a graphic equaliser sitting in the glovebox and I'm wondering if it started life mounted under the pedal box frame - what an odd place though. Anyway the offending bracket wont be included in the rebuild, so thanks again all. Independent views help a lot!

Dave