Well winter is on its way, and as lockdown has severely limited my opportunity to spend money on holidays, fast women etc., I have decided to spend the kids inheritance instead on having a full engine rebuild. I would have loved to do this myself, however a serious hand injury a few years ago makes this impossible now. So it's been booked in with my favourite TRGB to go in a couple of weeks.  In time for spring it should have a new lease of life (and a bit more oomph)

11 hours ago, Colin Symonds said:

Well winter is on its way, and as lockdown has severely limited my opportunity to spend money on holidays, fast women etc., I have decided to spend the kids inheritance instead on having a full engine rebuild. I would have loved to do this myself, however a serious hand injury a few years ago makes this impossible now. So it's been booked in with my favourite TRGB to go in a couple of weeks.  In time for spring it should have a new lease of life (and a bit more oomph)

Hi Colin,

what spec have you given TRGB.

I did mine four years ago.  87mm liners, Newman PH1 cam with the Moss lightweight followers (the Newman chilled iron are very good).

I had to have a new head but that came as a standard fit.

It works well for touring. Very pleasant at low speed with the hidden oomph  for the Scottish Higlands & Islands.

Roge

Roger I'm going with the 89s and a Piper 270 cam, the rest I'm leaving up to Gary and his team.  I have told them what I want from the car and a rough budget and we'll work it through as we go (and probably up the budget!).  I have enormous confidence in them and they do know a lot more about the TR engine than I do.  If you wanted to rebuild a  BMW 6 pot, or a big block Chevy engine, well then I'm your man.