Massive auction of TR parts and cars

That's how it works with auctions. So if planning to bid it is always worth working back from what you are willing to pay and set your bidding limit accordingly.

Depending on the auction house the buyers premium may vary so don't get carried away as you will be paying nearly 40% more than you bid in this one.

The other thing to take home from this sorry tale is to mark any big bits you hand over for work or record the serial number so you can prove your ownership.

11 hours ago, Andy Moltu said:

The other thing to take home from this sorry tale is to mark any big bits you hand over for work or record the serial number so you can prove your ownership.

Smart water is the only real way to go short of engraving each piece individually.

Stuart.

14 minutes ago, stuart said:

Smart water is the only real way to go short of engraving each piece individually.

Stuart.

Engine and gearbox Castings or heavy frame items (axle casings) Letter stamp initials and postcode in out of the way location. Wings doors and tubs engrave (cheap on e bay) the same on inside panelwork. A shame we have to go such a route but protect yourselves. 

Mick Richards

2 minutes ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

Engine and gearbox Castings or heavy frame items (axle casings) Letter stamp initials and postcode in out of the way location. Wings doors and tubs engrave (cheap on e bay) the same on inside panelwork. A shame we have to go such a route but protect yourselves. 

Mick Richards

The only problem with engraving or stamping is it can be ground off, unless you know Smart water is there you cant do anything about it and I believe its extremely difficult to get rid of.

Stuart.

Words fail me on this, much salt will be rubbed into already festering wounds for those affected to see this. I would have thought that much of this is, as has already been said, proceeds of  crime.

As a related aside, these two people: M&S L-S appeared at Baston Classic Car Show near Bourne last year (2019) promoting their bespoke wedding car hire outfit- get me to the Church/Jail on time ??!!!!

Good Evening Flatlandsman, 

Some people have even recognised their parts, even amongst the seemingly randomly filled Stillages !!

We/They are pondering on what to do , if anything. As , if they say that is mine, they will be asked to prove it, and that won't be easy. Watch this space though......

I did like the get me to the Church/Jail on time comment , i think Divorce Courts needs adding to that too. !

Cheers,  Conrad. 

Again, for the attention of the chairman and BoD* what, if any, action are the club planning to take on behalf of the members?

(*Please do not always again leave to Mick Forey to have to stick his head above the parapet.. if you do not have any answer)

4 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

John, I'm afraid so. Quite a few TRR members defrauded with lost parts and money. Openroad on the forum (Conrad) has done a great job recovering as much as possible for the original owners, but still many left in limbo
Ian

Good Morning All, 

Just to let you know, that even though previous ownership of parts has been proved, the administrator is fighting tooth and nail to keep them in the Auction. Quoting untruths about previous claims , with the Liquidator of the first Company that went into Liquidation. 

Right from day one Mathew Lambkin Smith,  set out to defraud every single one of his customers, and succeeded in doing that in whatever way he could. So it's not just several members,  it's everyone  !    The so called Law has been against us every inch of the way,  and now this latest Liquidator has prized most of his ill gotten gains from MLS. We still can't win !!

That is where we are chaps, it's not good , but it's reality.

Please make sure everyone learns from this Fraud within our Ranks. Also be well aware that Mathew Lambkin Smith  is still Trading ,  Sand M Classics  !  And is defrauding customers as we speak.!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad isn't it.

Conrad Hunt. 

As the website shows whole cars I would have thought that ownership of them would be a lot easier to prove than a stillage of random parts.

Graham

3 hours ago, Grahamgl said:

As the website shows whole cars I would have thought that ownership of them would be a lot easier to prove than a stillage of random parts.

True, I would imagine those rightful owners will have been hammering on the administrators door ever since this appeared - with lots needing to be picked up by the end of the week by auction winners that window of opportunity will soon be closed :( 

....... Andy 

I have Rung the Auctioneers. Viewing is still happening, you have to book in and have Social Distancing Time Slots.

So it's up the individual,  whether or not they should travel and view.

Weird times for us us,  but strangely in my view , Covid has helped the Seller as far as Ownership Complaints are concerned. Yet again we are hampered , i can imagine this is akin to running in the Grand National, no sooner you are over one hurdle, there is another even bigger one in Front of you  !!!!

The cars for sale have the previous owners in View on the documents,  so nothing hidden there. Unless you are the previous owner and you have "Lost " your car !!

Conrad.

Don’t they say that”possession is 9/10ths of the law”, with regards to the “ Cars” do they have V5’s, has the Liquidator proof of ownership? Or even better has MLS, how can you sell something that you can’t prove ownership of, surely this is against the Professional Code of Conduct for the Liquidator?

Pity the auction can’t be stopped, or at least the auctioneer berated in public for pressing ahead with the auction.

I also echo the remarks regarding Darrens treatment by the BOD’s (as it was back then), disgraceful.

Phil

... so the nearly completed TR5 at the S & M auction sold on the hammer at £62100 plus 15% buyers premium plus 20% vat that makes £85698!!! Is that right? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Tim

10 minutes ago, Tim T said:

... so the nearly completed TR5 at the S & M auction sold on the hammer at £62100 plus 15% buyers premium plus 20% vat that makes £85698!!! Is that right? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Tim

Tim, 

Yes you did see it right - £62,100 + auctioneers fees. 
I viewed it yesterday, it was nice but there was still quite a bit to finish. It will be over £90k by the time it’s complete. 
Crackers. 

Dave McD

2 hours ago, Tim T said:

Tim

It is a TR250 with TR5 badges bonnet and rear and 2500 badges on the side with marker lights.

2 hours ago, Tim T said:

Tim

Hi Tim

The 20% VAT only applied to the 15% Buyers Premium on all lots with a V5 document, this was ammended last week by the Auctioneers.

£62,100 + Buyers Premium £9315.00 +20% VAT on BP £1863.00 total payable £73278.00