Massive auction of TR parts and cars

Wow Rodger that's a lot of good parts a few no doubt belonging to folk on here. I wonder where you would stand if you could prove they were yours could you claim them? I suspect not knowing how badly the law protects consumers.

Someone is going to be very happy not knowing the misery of others.

Andy  

36 minutes ago, PodOne said:

Wow Rodger that's a lot of good parts a few no doubt belonging to folk on here. I wonder where you would stand if you could prove they were yours could you claim them? I suspect not knowing how badly the law protects consumers.

Someone is going to be very happy not knowing the misery of others.

Andy  

You are so right Andy. 

The saga goes on, Lambkin Smith knows no bounds,  he has hoodwinked the Liquidators of the first Company by hiding loads of stuff in his Holding Company, 

So now he has Liquidated the Holding company,  and is Auctioning the contents.

Unbelievable  !!!   

Conrad.

11 hours ago, PodOne said:

I wonder where you would stand if you could prove they were yours could you claim them? I suspect not knowing how badly the law protects consumers.

My recollection of this is a bit hazy, but it used to be that if you have compelling evidence of ownership, you bring it to the attention of the liquidators. If there is compelling evidence of ownership, the burden then shifts to the other party to prove that despite that, they acquired the goods in circumstances which the law enables them to keep the (ie 'market overt'). In my experience, where ownership can be proved, Administrators and Liquidators would return your property otherwise they were at risk.

The key here though is proof of ownership (for both parties). For owners, it will virtually impossible for virtually all of the stuff listed. The cylinder head is a good example. It would be nigh on impossible to prove that a specific head in the pile shown was your head. Alas, it is not enough to say 'they have kept a head of mine, so it must be one in that pile'.

Miles

Maybe it's just me, but I would hope the "owners club" would stand up for its members, protect the TR marque, and if any of its membership suffered loss of money or parts from the sorry saga, (other than those who were fortunate enough to assist with Conrad and his asset recovery operation), it would pay for a lawyer to write to the auctioneers pointing out that some of the items were possibly the proceeds of crime, and auctioning log books and id plates was perhaps illegal?
The TR Register accepted advertising from this person prior to its activities being revealed.
As Miles points out "proof of ownership" may be difficult, but there surely must be audit trails of emails and other correspondence between members and MLS (and whatever trading names he and his wife used).
If the proceeds of the auction are going to MLS, that seems grossly unfair when a significant number of members have lost out.
Ian

13 minutes ago, SeanF said:

See the attached. The Administrator's proposal document downloaded from Companies House

Administrator's proposals application-pdf.pdf 831.96 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks Sean, very helpful, and the top of page 12 would point members with any continuing loss in the right direction (along with other references)
It doesn't mention the sale of vehicle identities...........should someone point this out, and if so, who?
Ian

42 minutes ago, cvtrian said:

Maybe it's just me, but I would hope the "owners club" would stand up for its members, protect the TR marque, and if any of its membership suffered loss of money or parts from the sorry saga, (other than those who were fortunate enough to assist with Conrad and his asset recovery operation), it would pay for a lawyer to write to the auctioneers pointing out that some of the items were possibly the proceeds of crime, and auctioning log books and id plates was perhaps illegal?
The TR Register accepted advertising from this person prior to its activities being revealed.
As Miles points out "proof of ownership" may be difficult, but there surely must be audit trails of emails and other correspondence between members and MLS (and whatever trading names he and his wife used).
If the proceeds of the auction are going to MLS, that seems grossly unfair when a significant number of members have lost out.
Ian

I wouldnt hold your breath on that one.

Stuart.

The ins and outs of British law concerning Company failures, their Administration and Liquidation is well beyond my knowledge and comprehension.

Some observations from one who lives outside the UK and whose connection with the TR Register is a bit distant nowadays.

In this sad story, which, it would seem, became apparent to some a while ago, it would appear that quite a few innocent Register members have been seriously stung - some for quite large sums of money.
Through the collective initiative of a few, some managed to reduce their potential losses. This action is to be noted, because it shows a spirit of ‘inter aid’. Most of these (if not all) pro-active folk are Members of the TR Register

Would it have been possible for the Register to have taken professional advice and to have got a bit more involved - at least in an advisory manner? After all the losers in this business are all TR owners

james

The second item on the list is  a TR2 body shell/rolling chassis, reg. no 200 CMX. This rang a bell and on checking I found that this car was bought new by our late Club Triumph President, Derek Pollock from Broadfields garage, Cockfosters and it represented the start of his long involvement with Standard Triumph. One of his first trips in it was with a friend to the tragic 24hr Le Mans race in June 1955. The arrival of Derek's first child in 1956 resulted in a regretful sale of 200 CMX, which was replaced by a rather more sedate Standard 10.

Tim

Edited by tim hunt

Has anyone read the T&C’s? Here is a extract:

Buyers Premium 15% plus VAT

All lots are subject to 20% VAT

At the close of the timed Online Auction Sale final bid figures will be submitted to the seller for its approval and any Bid shall be subject to approval and acceptance by the Company/Seller.

No bid may be withdrawn and the Company/Seller does not bind himself to accept the highest Bid or any other Bid placed in the course of the online Auction Sale.

So even if you are a bidding winner you may not be a successful buyer.

Graham

12 minutes ago, Grahamgl said:

So even if you are a bidding winner you may not be a successful buyer.

Yep, that’s the way it works with asset disposals - although, it is unlikely that the administrator would reject the purchase

12 minutes ago, AndyR100 said:

Yep, that’s the way it works with asset disposals - although, it is unlikely that the administrator would reject the purchase

Yes its down to the administrator  not S&M

Stuart.