Esso Super Unleaded now 99 Ron

Looks like Esso have upped their game, their Super unleaded is now 99 ron. A nice brucey bonus is its also Ethanol free to if it been delivered from their own Terminals

(Avonmouth Birmingham Hythe (Southampton) Purfleet and West London )

So pop a tiger in your tank :P

Edited by Clarkey
13 hours ago, Clarkey said:

Looks like Esso have upped their game, their Super unleaded is now 99 ron. A nice brucey bonus is its also Ethanol free to if it been delivered from their own Terminals

(Avonmouth Birmingham Hythe (Southampton) Purfleet and West London )

So pop a tiger in your tank :P

So how would you know if in your local area that its come from those terminals?

Stuart.

I was wondering the same as Stuart, I’m not that far away from Fawley, Southampton. It’s about 35 miles but not sure how to find out where the local Esso stations get their petrol from.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

So how would you know if in your local area that its come from those terminals?

Stuart.

From the location of the terminals, I would expect that southern England and the Midlands would be covered from Esso's own terminals, but not northern England or Scotland. South Wales would probably be supplied from Esso Avonmouth and when I was involved with a garage business in mid-Wales, their fuel was supplied from Birmingham. North Wales may not be so lucky, as likely to be supplied from Ellesmere Port (not an Esso terminal).

Nigel

This is from a previous thread on the subject by

JJohn

Posted July 31, 2019

Thanks once again for your comments.  I did receive a reply from ESSO yesterday, by email, with an attachment listing all filling stations which offer ethanol free  ESSO Synergie Supreme+ petrol.  As someone living in North Yorkshire, no one domiciled north of Birmingham will be at all surprised when  the information supplied by ESSO confirms that the North/South Divide is alive and well.   Of the 145 sites on the list, the most northerly available ethanol free ESSO fuel is in Rotherham.  There are two sites there, approximately 60 miles distant from my home.  There are a few in the Midlands and the remainder are further South.  Is that a surprise?  NOT to anyone OOP NORTH!

All the filling stations on the ESSO list are operated by TESCO.  Does this mean that the advice of many pundits claiming that supermarket fuel is not to be trusted, should be reviewed?

Yesterday, I had a phone conversation with someone in the "Product Tech Team" at Shell UK in an attempt to discover the ethanol content of their VPower fuel.  I was informed that it is "up to a maximum of 5%"  but that this varies depending on the season.  When I asked by how much and in which season was it at the lowest level, there was no clear response. The reply to asking whether it ever arrived at the forecourt with no ethanol was an emphatic "no".

Make of all this what you will.  I agree with Peter - more green whitewash.

Jim

Edited by Lebro

Stuart.

The only way to know is to chat to the manager of the site, they will know what terminal the deliveries for that site come from

All the filling stations on the ESSO list are operated by TESCO.  Does this mean that the advice of many pundits claiming that supermarket fuel is not to be trusted, should be reviewed?

Hi Jim

The tesco owned Esso branded sites sell Esso spec fuel:D

also re

Yesterday, I had a phone conversation with someone in the "Product Tech Team" at Shell UK in an attempt to discover the ethanol content of their VPower fuel.  I was informed that it is "up to a maximum of 5%"  but that this varies depending on the season.  When I asked by how much and in which season was it at the lowest level, there was no clear response. The reply to asking whether it ever arrived at the forecourt with no ethanol was an emphatic "no".

The Ethanol content doesn't change, their is a difference to the spec of the fuel between winter and summer, this is more to do with the RVP (Reid Vapour Pressure, this is to do with the volatilityof the fuel, ie more needed during the winter than the summer.

Edited by Clarkey