Couple of Door related questions

Evening everyone, appreciate any experience and advice on the following two issues with my car.

1) The driver's side window touches the windscreen frame. It clearly needs to move away and there seems to be two theoretical options but I'm not sure which if any exist. First option is to reduce the rake of the windscreen, if that is an option I assume it would be a case of loosening the brackets under the dash and easing the top forward. Worth noting Passenger side is fine. The other option would be some kind of adjustment of the window channels in the door. I suppose there's a third option of adjustment of the whole door but it fits pretty well so I'm not convinced that wouldn't make matters worse in other ways.

2) Both doors need a really hard slam to latch properly. Playing around with things to figure out why the issue seems to be that the "ears" of the hood are making the door bounce back as there's not enough room for them between the door and the polished alloy cap that goes over the top of the seal. Everything is new so it may just need time to compress, the hood is labelled as a Moss one. No idea where the caps are from but they are clearly new, could be made too big? I'm assuming this part of the hood should be in the door shut, not really anywhere else for it as far as I can tell but I'm new to convertible motoring. And yes, I know I can avoid the problem by never putting the Hood up :-)

Thanks

Sean

Sean, on 1) just keep the windows ‘cracked’ about an inch, if it’s cold/ drafty, wind them up once you are in. My windows drag at the seal running up the screen frame, so that works for me. On 2), I have a new mohair hood and the ears get in the way as well. I firmly push (not slam) the door, keeping pressure on the handle as it connects, seems to do the trick and the problem is easing as the hood wears into the car.

Edited by Yarm 783
Mistake

You can adjust the wind screen frame as you have described.

You can also limit the upper position of the side glass when you remove the door panel. 

Both are required after a rebuild. 

There is a possibility of altering the glass channels in the door by adding rings etc but very limited.

If the door closes difficult with the top down too, the door rubber may be the issue. Check the flange distance to the door on every area and see if it parallel (same distance). Correction is possible by bending the flange carefully.

Waldi

On 10/20/2020 at 5:18 AM, Waldi said:

Correction is possible by bending the flange carefully.

It's also possible to fit a smaller profile rubber seal. I believe they are available from Woolies but if you search on here you will find lots of discussion on the topic in the past