TR2 Screen Wash Pump ?

Hi Conrad,

IMHO that may be early but not what was on the TR2 Accessories list dated 1/8/54

The original that I have fitted on my January 1954 TR2 is approximately 6" long and has y piece intake and discharge pipes.

img121.jpg

I'm wondering where the optional cigar lighter (item 6) would have been positioned, as these days it is a more useful item to have - sat nav, phone charging etc.

Mine is hidden away, but if there was a "proper" place for it, I might re-postion.

Bob.

Thankyou for the Interesting posts,  i like the stirrup pump set up, very much of its time.

So is my original picture belonging to TR2/3, or is it just a very nice aftermarket thought ?

Cheers,  Conrad. 

Hi Conrad,

I think if you do a search for early Tudor washer pump it does look close with perhaps  different knob but I would say period after market but Factory ?who knows sorry!

Rod

13 hours ago, openroad said:

Thankyou for the Interesting posts,  i like the stirrup pump set up, very much of its time.

So is my original picture belonging to TR2/3, or is it just a very nice aftermarket thought ?

Cheers,  Conrad. 

I can only add a part number, apparently of little value. The yellow note reads: "Piggott mentions an earlier kit, P/N 800898.  This may have been the style with the foot-operated pump." 

1024982079_washerTR2-3.thumb.jpg.7219ef0d44b587898c51ab0a8c5fcfa2.jpg

Hi Conrad,

If you look a little closer in the pic beyond the pump you will see the T piece for the pipe work.

This is machined out of a solid billet of brass and would not be the cheapest part to manufacture but if you give an Engineer a task it will be the most beautiful thing............................... before the suits start to budget cut.

Early days of production produced some interesting solutions and most were hand done.

Rgds 

Rod

I am interested in seeing the washer jets. Mine were factory fitted, and the holes are close to the wiper spindles with approx 10mm dia holes. I have been struggling to find some suitable jets and think they must have protruded up from the scuttle quite a way. I remember seeing some once on a car (can`t remember what car), where the jets were on chromed brass pillars about 45mm long. It is some of these I need to lift the jet above the spindles otherwise the jet of water hits the base of the wiper arm.

Ralph.

2 hours ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

I am interested in seeing the washer jets. Mine were factory fitted, and the holes are close to the wiper spindles with approx 10mm dia holes. I have been struggling to find some suitable jets and think they must have protruded up from the scuttle quite a way. I remember seeing some once on a car (can`t remember what car), where the jets were on chromed brass pillars about 45mm long. It is some of these I need to lift the jet above the spindles otherwise the jet of water hits the base of the wiper arm.

Ralph.

Just fit a fibre washer below the jet that will raise them enough..

Stuart.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 12:24 PM, Rodbr said:

Hi Conrad,

IMHO that may be early but not what was on the TR2 Accessories list dated 1/8/54

The original that I have fitted on my January 1954 TR2 is approximately 6" long and has y piece intake and discharge pipes.

img121.jpg

Rodbr, do you have the page that lists the numbered items?

are these items OEM or aftermarket?

Graham