Help with Assessing my Car

Hi All,

I've now had my TR4A for about 6 weeks.

I've done a few of the immediate jobs that needed doing and got it through an MOT, but not sure where to go next and what my priorities should be.

The car has had a lot of dodgy work in the past. It is obviously never going to be a concourse car (at least in my ownership!) - what I want to do is make it reliable, safe, a good drive, 'stabilise' it so that it doesn't deteriorate, and gradually improve its look. I plan to do all (most?) of the work myself over time.

I'm new to classic cars, though pretty capable, and I would appreciate some help/pointers as to the the current condition of the car and what my priorities should be.

Can anyone help me with a bit of an assessment? I live near the Notts/Lincs border, but am happy to travel a bit. I'm also happy to pay a professional company if that's what it takes and if someone could recommend somebody reliable.

Thanks Alistair.

Hi Alistair

You've done the first major job getting the mot the next one is keeping it road worthy and serviceable for the year perhaps list the dodgy work and work through it one by one improve as you go along. I see your not to distant from me if you want to pop across or have a chat pm me 

Chris

Hi Alistair,

Before I bought my TR5 in August last year I arranged for Brian Page of Classic Assessments to assess it. He also looked at an earlier car, which following his report I decided not to go ahead with. He advertises in TRACTION but can be contacted on 07968 167331, brian.page@classicassessments.com. Website: www.classisassessments.com. He did a very through inspection of both cars and provided written reports and valuations.

Regards,

Denis