Boot and spare wheel rubber seals

I need to fit new rubbers to both TR2 & 3. These are the ones that fit in a channel on the boot lid. Spare wheel lid i take it just glued.

Where best to purchase these and do they fit as have been told there are problems with some.

Many thanks Roy

The boot seal is supplied as a straight length, I cut them into the four sides and angle cut each end and then super glue the sections together then you end up with a rectangle that will sit nicely in the channel, dont forget to get it the right way round with the angle outwards. TR Shop supplied one is fine for that. The spare wheel recess I use a 3M closed cell strip thats sticky backed, not sure if its still available in this country as I got it from Germany. The usual supplied rubber one is too thick and holds the panel away from the body. This one from Woolies would do the trick https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1436/self-adhesive-black-sponge-strip.

Stuart.

Mine just arrived from Macgregor's.  https://macgregorukcarparts.com/product-category/triumph-car-parts/triumph-tr-2-tr3-tr3a-car-parts/  They are excellent.

They also sent me some samples of the door seals.  I am seriously thinking about saving the ones that arrived for future use and using the door seals on the boot and the spare wheel panel as they clip on.  This particular car is not "correct" and I think in this case function over form is in order.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2020 at 10:58 AM, stuart said:

The boot seal is supplied as a straight length, I cut them into the four sides and angle cut each end and then super glue the sections together then you end up with a rectangle that will sit nicely in the channel, dont forget to get it the right way round with the angle outwards. TR Shop supplied one is fine for that. The spare wheel recess I use a 3M closed cell strip thats sticky backed, not sure if its still available in this country as I got it from Germany. The usual supplied rubber one is too thick and holds the panel away from the body. This one from Woolies would do the trick https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1436/self-adhesive-black-sponge-strip.

Stuart.

@stuart do you have a photo of how you arrange the strips around the spare wheel opening? Thanks 

1 minute ago, EliTR6 said:

@stuart do you have a photo of how you arrange the strips around the spare wheel opening? Thanks 

No I buy it on a roll and just start at the centre bottom and work your way round in one go.

Stuart.

4 minutes ago, EliTR6 said:

Do you stick it around the lip or on the flat surface of the panel ? 

It goes in the channel round the opening on the car.

Stuart.