working through the fun and games that is door gapping; At the leading edge of the door at the A post, is the position of the lip which takes the door seal about right or should it be angled further inside the cockpit? Any comparative photos appreciated

Many thanks

David

door top.JPG

Hi David 

Put the door seal around the door lip with the lock/door striker plate installed and that will allow you to see exactly where the seal/door is touching or not and then adjust the lip. The position of the door will then govern where the wing gaps will sit. This is what I did for mine while the body was bolted down to the chassis.

The gap on yours looks tight where it meets the front scuttle with the final paint depth added it might clash.

Andy 

Hi David, It's all one giant 3D jigsaw puzzle, you move one bit to get two gaps right and the third bit's not going to fit, in this case the door seal lip, if moved, may take the seal too close to the dash and the crash pad (it's all very close there when the door is shut), so moving the door back 3 or 4mm maybe a better option, but also. in my opinion, the door gap over the windscreen/wing fixing bolts is too large and could do with a drop of lead to close it up, from the look of things moving the door inwards to close that gap will result in the door being too tight against the seals, once fitted,  and you simply will not get the door to close properly, and yes you've guessed it I've just been all round these notty problems, in my case caused by poorly manufactured outer sills, they were simply just not wide enough to get a decent fit with the front and rear wings and allow the door to be positioned correctly on the seals.

Good luck, cheers Rob