Best TR6 rocker assembly

Evening all

Spent this afternoon striping and cleaning the cylinder head which still appears original and untouched with no signs of being skimmed. The valve seats have some bad pitting and will be replaced with hardened seats. The valve guide to valves stems have no play so as suspected I think these have been replaced at some point so the valves are salvageable. The only issue is that the exhaust guide on number 5 has slipped down and is flush with the cylinder head spring seat so an oversize stem will have to be fitted. Plan to do a bit of porting just to smooth out the casting and open the coolant channels to match the openings. 

The main problem after cleaning the rocker assembly and stripping it is the shaft its toast along with most of the rockers which have deep scores. The tips are fine along with all of the push rods which are straight. So the whole assembly needs replacement.

Roller rockers are out on the basis of cost and what I want out of the car.

So that leaves a few options after reading around in terms of hardened shaft and bushed rockers or std shaft and non bushed pre assembled or just parts. I'm leaning towards bushed and hardened shaft and have them reamed to fit when I take the rest of the engine in for machining can folks recommend who currently supplies the best parts or preassembled bushed/hardened shaft rocker assemblies? 

Finally would it make sense to replace the pushrods so they can then wear to the new rockers or let the old ones the same?

As ever thanks.

Andy 

Ivor Searle do service/exchange on the rocker shaft assembly,  or will refurbish yours.

I had them refurbish the rockers on the 2500S engine I rebuilt for my GT6 a couple of years ago. Process was chemical clean, new shaft, new bushes reamed to size and rocker tips refaced. From memory, took about 4 weeks and cost £180. Covered 2.5k miles since, early days but all fine so far.

Check the pushrod ends for wear and their shafts for straightness.  They can usually be reused.

Nigel