DVLA TR6 no longer exists.

I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same position as myself.

Last August my green TR6 was involved in an accident as the outcome from the insurance company was it was a total loss and paid out the agreed value.

In October I bought a replacement TR6 which is white. I did remove my private plate from the green car using a rentention certificate before the car was removed by the insurance company dismantlers.

In Nov I put my private plate onto my new white TR6 and recieved the updated registration documents.

I recently contacted DVLA as I had not recieved a reminder for the road tax renewal by phone. I was informed by DVLA that my white TR6 no longer exists and I have also lost my registration number. They would not discuss this matter any further and I was told to write to the complaints department at DVLA.

The only conclusion that I have is that the wrong car has been removed from the DVLA database and I have never received any notification about the car registration/tax issue and at a loss of how this could have happened.

I am hoping this issue will be sorted out easily and quickly.

Jim

Try contacting Graham Andrews, the V765 officer as he deals with the DVLA regularly and may be able to help or point you in the right direction. v765@tr-register.co.uk

Mick