Rimmers missing injectors

Let's start this by saying 'I am an idiot', I sold a rear bumper recently which went on Parcelforce and they lost it, perfect. A week later I returned 6 injectors to Rimmer Bros and when I got back from the post office I realised I'd forgotten to ask for a delivery signature or to insure the package. It was too late to change it and I thought what are the chances of 2 parcels going missing within a fortnight. Well you guessed it, the Post Office track and trace says it's been delivered but Rimmers are having none of it and say it hasn't, has anyone else had problems with Rimmers in this way?

4 of the injectors were newly refurbished and 2 were my old ones so I am now £420 out of pocket. Has anyone got any old push fit injectors they are prepared to sell? I'm hoping I can at least retrieve some money but that relies on me finding some old units to return.

2 hours ago, Bakes said:

Let's start this by saying 'I am an idiot', I sold a rear bumper recently which went on Parcelforce and they lost it, perfect. A week later I returned 6 injectors to Rimmer Bros and when I got back from the post office I realised I'd forgotten to ask for a delivery signature or to insure the package. It was too late to change it and I thought what are the chances of 2 parcels going missing within a fortnight. Well you guessed it, the Post Office track and trace says it's been delivered but Rimmers are having none of it and say it hasn't, has anyone else had problems with Rimmers in this way?

4 of the injectors were newly refurbished and 2 were my old ones so I am now £420 out of pocket. Has anyone got any old push fit injectors they are prepared to sell? I'm hoping I can at least retrieve some money but that relies on me finding some old units to return.

Is it possible to work out who actually signed for it from the website? If it was the correct address then its Rimmers who have lost it!

I've had a number of things go missing with Royal Mail over the years, the only safe option is special delivery but that's expensive and not 100%.

Some of the more reliable courier services are OK and will offer insurance for this (at a price).

16 hours ago, Bakes said:

Unfortunately I forgot to request a signature on delivery so I can’t check. 

I would still be having stern words with Rimmers.

Stuart.

27 minutes ago, stuart said:

I would still be having stern words with Rimmers.

Stuart.

+1 but also needs a personal visit to their premises to see the top man, it is often amazes me how suddenly they find the lost goods?? Then you get the excuses !! The threat of a visit is often enough for them to suddenly find the  lost goods??

Bruce.

I tend to use James Paddock now as you seem to get better service and lots of items are cheaper