Since no one else has posted, I'll do so.

Received from Peter Bowden this morning:

Surprised to see 3 VC for sale. Appeared this morning with Pendine at Bicester Heritage.

See https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1273022

For those who don't know 3VC's history, it has been jointly owned for quite some years by Tony Sheach and Gareth Firth.  Knowing both these fellows, I am not surprised because their motoring interests differ somewhat.

Ian Cornish

By coincidence I checked several lottery tickets that were in my wallet this morning.   Unfortunately it was the usual.   No results.   Still, a fabulous car to whoever buys it.

are those original seats in it as they look like Revington seats.  Or did Revington base theirs on original works seats.

Paul

Edited by PaulAnderson

I thought

“well that would be fun to have” but at 300k :o I’ll need to wait for my Euromillions pension plan to pay out !

These cars are all LHD in the photo Ian, when did they all return to RHD? When they were repatriated?

Just curious.

Where did you find the price H?
Looks like we all need the same lottery ticket, mind you cheap compared to a Healey!

Iain

Blimey, never thought they would sell it................interesting that it isn't going as a star of a major auction house sale, cover photo etc

Market is a bit flat at present though

Tuesday Euro Millions it is then :D

I had a chance to take a bunch of pix pf 3VC at the 2015 Goodwood Revival when Tony was showing me the car.  

Here's a slideshow of about 45 images for those interested.  (It's an unedited collection, so there are a number almost-identical images in my raw gallery.)

Edited by Don H.

When the cars returned to the UK, Neil converted 6VC and then 3VC to RHD.  Tony has converted 5VC.

In competition, the cars were equipped with perspex side windows and perspex rear window - I have a shot of one of the cars with a broken rear window after Mike Sutcliffe had pranged it.  6VC and 3VC are using these still, but perspex is very flexible and at speed the side windows bow outwards.  Neil devised small retainers at the top of the windscreen in order to hold the windows against the seal.  That's likely what is visible in the photos.

Because 4VC was Gordon Birtwistle's everyday car from the time he purchased it from Triumph in early 1964, he fitted glass windows (but kept the perspex side windows).

My wife thinks that Pendine's photos, using a rusty old hangar as backdrop, are terrible - they don't do the car justice.

Ian Cornish

3 minutes ago, ianc said:

My wife thinks that Pendine's photos, using a rusty old hangar as backdrop, are terrible - they don't do the car justice.

That's one of the hangars at Bicester Heritage. Those doors seem to get used as backdrop for pretty much every car put on sale by the Bicester dealers. 

Nigel

14 minutes ago, ianc said:

How's that for a backdrop, with the trash and my wife's undies ;)

IMG_4324.jpeg

Is that a push button switch on the gear knob for the overdrive?, if it is it is exactly what I am looking for, can anyone help?, cheers, Andrew

A pushbutton atop the gear lever requires that the left hand be removed from the steering wheel.

In 4VC (see photo in "Nerdy question for rally boys" in "General TR Technical" section), I have a lever pointing at 2 o'clock to right of the steering wheel.  This is an intermittent switch operating a Revington Logic Overdrive unit - and, even with my short fingers, I don't need to remove my hand from the wheel.  The switch is of the same type used for the headlamp flasher, which is to the left of the steering wheel.

The other, shorter, switch is for the horn - there because the button in the centre of the steering wheel would sound the horn whenever it felt like it!  Very embarrassing!

Ian Cornish

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

The arms need swapping over.

Roger

Well spotted ! The story is that the blades are mini classic and for the sake of wider sweeping surface on the driver side I swapped the arms.

1 hour ago, Geko said:

Well spotted ! The story is that the blades are mini classic and for the sake of wider sweeping surface on the driver side I swapped the arms.

They will foul with the air vent when it is open.

I appreciate in monsoon rain when the wipers are on the vent will be closed.

Roger