Dr Michael Bingley TR6

Hi all!

Writing this on behalf of myself and my dad, both long term TRR members.

Thought we would drop a message about a piece of history that is Dr Bingleys TR6, which we have owned since it was for sale in Malvern circa 2012.

We have left the car as is, still running dual pumps and the other quirks associated with the vehicle!

Just thought we would share this to see if anyone had any questions, or just to let you all know this piece of history is still alive and well!

Cheers,

Brandon and Greg 

Hi Brandon & Greg,

I remember dear old Alec P. speaking in support of the many trials & investigations that Dr. B. performed when he had the car, it was quite a test bed from what Alec said.

Maybe you could post a few photo's of the non-standard features, the dual pump set-up would certainly be of interest.

Thanks for the reminder about the car and its former owner.

Bob

Edited by OldBob

I've worked on competition cars that used dual pumps, for redundant reliability more than capacity.      The killer was the need for one-way valves to prevent retrograde flow when only one was in use, and getting them in the right place and the right way around.  Those were Facets, how did the good Doctor arrange things, when as I suspect he fitted dual Lucas pumps?   

Hi Brandon and Greg
Mike Bingley owned 2 TR6's, a white one and a red one, both of which were kept at Didcot after he passed away. I drove the red one to the 2012 IWE to and from Didcot, nice car.
Cheers
Ian