Fuel pipe routeing for triple webers

After finding some deteriorating rubber petrol hose in the engine bay, I have decided to convert as much as possible to copper.

Just wondered how others route there pipes in the engine bay.

My hose currently comes up from near the oil filter, over and above  the back of the battery and round towards the webers.

It also has a pressure regulator next to the battery.

Simon

Hi Simon
When i put twin Webers on my 3A I used as much copper pipe for fuel supply as possible, looked great but resulted in fuel vaporisation problems in traffic at traffic lights and road junctions, (perhaps it was the excess heat from the stainless extractor exhaust). The copper piping was replaced by stainless braided rubber fuel hose and no TRouble after that.
Ian

18 hours ago, WELLSY said:

After finding some deteriorating rubber petrol hose in the engine bay, I have decided to convert as much as possible to copper.

My hose currently comes up from near the oil filter, over and above  the back of the battery and round towards the webers.

Simon

Can this pic help?

20190306_141811_resized.jpg

20 hours ago, WELLSY said:

Simon

I use aluminium hardline to route from the rear wheel arch mounted pump to the engine bay then following your route above the rear of the battery, it then connects to flexi hose similar to Harry's above, mine is all black however, both fittings & hose.

I have used a single run of 1/4" brake line tubing from the AC mechanical fuel pump to within ~ 2" of the first pipe tee on the front Weber carb. From there it's ordinary rubber low pressure fuel line hose, the minimum age of which is 10 years and which gets replaced when/if cracks appear in the outer layer. 

No issues over 24 years/ 135,000 miles.

Tom

I continued the copper along the chassis, across the back of the front crossmember (under the brake pipe) and then with a bit of twisting and turning came up beside the cross tube where it can be fixed before changing to rubber (ethanol proof J30 R9) and then fitting to the front carb.

Just waiting on the other heatshields before fitting the TBs..

1163346288_DSC_002921.thumb.jpg.924f8727ff5e4d87327d64b17ded162d.jpg

42667460_DSC_002941.thumb.jpg.c87009d99ba3a65b7049aa9347c8a6d9.jpg

1351230947_DSC_002931.thumb.jpg.b5077246f1d1459f28ef730d6852906e.jpg

Edited by jpmf
21 hours ago, harrytr5 said:

Can this pic help? The stainless  sleeved and inner lined teflon pipe work came from speedflow.co.uk (Fay the owner is very helpful and knows her stuff) she used to race dragsters. Fittings are expensive but would you trust copies at a third of the price!!!

20190306_141811_resized.jpg