A heads up people. I notice that Demon Tweeks has a current offer on Vredestein T-TRAC 2  in 165/80 R15 for £43.15 each including VAT. Sounds like a steal to me.

Tim

Edited by tim hunt

I got a set from Demon Tweaks for around that price - the order was delayed a little due to stock supply, but only by about 10 days in the end and they kept me updated.

I was out when they tried to deliver - the Post Office were rather relieved when I collected them, they were complaining that I was taking up a Large chunk of their storage space :) 

....... Andy 

If Demon Tweeks are still selling the T-Trac2's at £43.15 it is a steal as Tim says, this is what I paid when I ordered a set from them last December. I don't recall there being any problems with supply/delivery from Demon Tweeks, maybe because I was buying summer tyres in the winter.

Dave

Very tempted on these.

The TR2 is currently shod with 10/11 year old Vredestein Sprint Classics with inner tubes. They have flat spotted and so need changing for this and the reason of age. Having looked at numerous tyre threads I remain confused though about a couple of issues.

Can the early TR wheels run tubeless?

If not, is it OK to run tubes in these T-Trac's?

Thanks

Rod

8 minutes ago, Rod1883 said:

Can the early TR wheels run tubeless?

If not, is it OK to run tubes in these T-Trac's?

Thanks

Rod

This was discussed just recently and the outcome was that you can put tubes in tubeless tyres.  Very few tyres are dedicated for tubes.

Roger

A couple of months ago I fitted a set of ttracs to a friends TR3 fitted with standard (4") rims. Original tyres were tubed, but we fitted these tubeless.

To date they have lost no pressure since fitting, & Mike is very pleased with them.

I also have tubless tyres fitted to my steel TR6 wheels.

Bob.

I’ve run T-tracks with tubes in with no issues. Got mine last spring from Vintage tyres at Beaulieu (also have a shop at Bicester). And they balance them properly!

I have some damage to a back tyre , thanks to a local pot hole , which was only on the inside and the cut is about 15" long. It is very tempting to go for a replacement T Trac as above. My Vredenstein are 155 SR15 82s so the Ttrac  are almost the right specification.  Will it make any difference to run the car with 3 x 155 and 1x 165  Camskill want £107.50 for a direct replacement. 

I have searched Camskill and they do not have a 155.

Thanks Richard  & B

Hi Richard,

well totally illegal I'm afraid, you cannot mix sizes on an axle. You could put two 165's on the back, (They have to go on the back)

and have a spare 155 in the future for the front.

In answer to the above the original 4inch TR Wheel, is only suitable for tubed tyres, and running without a tube is illegal as well.

John.

Sadley have tried to get a set of 5 Vredestein 165/80 15 from any supplier and it seems that there is no stock anywhere and won't be until Vredestein go back to manufacturing Summer tyres next February time :wacko:.

Rich

Yes Roger, I placed an order with them just to find out they don't keep stock, but order  in from Vredestein as required. Unfortunately they do not have stock as the production has now turned to winter tyres only. Hopefully will restart summer tyres in Feb/March.

Rich

I need a replacement Vredestein and they ,in order to match the 3 on the car,  the ones that I can find are all nearly £100 ,but my grandson had a good idea. Use the spare wheel until the spring when the company will start making my tyres again. Camskill have to buy from a dealer and will do a much better deal when they can buy direct from the maker. 

It is cold, the car is off the road while I struggle with the petrol tank, and there is Covid getting worse.

I am now looking forward to spring.

Richard & B

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am keeping an original 4a steel wheel as the spare given that 6J x 15 KN Minator alloys don't fit under the petrol tank. I purchased a matching Vredestein T-Trac-2 165/80/15 for the steel wheel, however the valve stem hole in the wheel is too big for the stock of tubeless valves held by the fitter. I have read elsewhere that you can get a plastic ferrule for the hole to adapt for the tyre valve, does this work with a tubeless tyre and if not what is the solution?

Many thanks

David