TR4A front suspension camber

When my 4A was rebuilt, the top wishbones were put in the incorrect TR4 position ie with the bend on the inner pivot away from the top shock mount. I then read how they should be and swapped them to the correct sides. I am considering reversing them again to get more negative camber on the front wheels as suggested by Kas Kastner.

Does anyone have any idea of how much this changes the camber in degrees?

Rockie

The offset of the falcrum pin is about 2.25 mm,

so to fit it the one or other way makes a difference of 4.5 mm on the upper wishbones in or out,

with this you can calculate the difference -or just test it to find out

I made camber blocks to offset the fulcrum mount 14mm and raise it 12mm. They were designed to be mounted with a reversed fulcrum and bring 1 deg +ve in to 1.75 deg -ve. 
On that basis the 9mm change gives around 2.75 deg change so 4.5 deg without raising the fulcrum may make a difference just less than half that. 

image.jpeg.f35bc7d7f2052b5a8cc3b0d44101bbf5.jpeg

Thanks for the responses. Marco, your diagram and the page from the Workshop Manual show the fulcrum in the wrong position for 4A to 6 models as detailed in this picture. Neil Revington also has a section about this on his website. Changing the top wishbones is relatively simple as you do not have to release the spring. I will have the car on stands as I am installing solid spacers on the stub axles. I will let you know the readings before and after. 

I have measured the rear camber as well and found that unladen the right wheel is on -. 6 degrees while the left is on +2.7! Perhaps that is why it slung me off the track when I lifted off on a right hand bend on our on only track day! Time to fit the Goodparts adjustable brackets that have been sitting in the garage for a while.

Hi  Rockie51,

thanks for this interesting information; I did not know...!

The illustration is shown at the original TR4A workshop manual and at its german translation.

This way it was on my 4A when I bought it and still is that way and it works fine. So I leave it like it is.

But indeed I use no shims between the brackets of the lower wishbonesand frame and if I want a positiv camber I would have to change their orientation.

Ciao, Marco