TR6 Dashboard

Can anyone give the definitive answer on which was original wood for the dashboard I think it was Teak, does anyone know different 

Strangest looking walnut I've ever seen mine also just looks like "Teak" or are we just used to thinking all walnut should look like burr walnut? 

Andy 

As Rich states its American Walnut for sure. If you doubt this maybe you have a replacement dash fitted in your car?

Cheers

Alan

15 minutes ago, PodOne said:

Strangest looking walnut I've ever seen mine also just looks like "Teak" or are we just used to thinking all walnut should look like burr walnut? 

Andy 

That’s a good point Andy

16 hours ago, PodOne said:

Andy 

Burr walnut costs a lot more than unfigured walnut. Burr walnut is taken from the root area of the trunk!

Bruce.

And yes, we often assume you can tell what wood it is simply by its colour or pattern. I have a very old mahogany table which is the same colour, roughly, as my original TR6 dash. Most people who see it tell me, quite definitively, that it's teak. Three expert valuers have all identified it as mahogany. So I'm sure an expert can tell which wood is which, but most of us have no clue. I speak for myself, at least. I'm amused to know that the dash I "knew" was teak is, in fact, not!

John