Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yes, according to the Burlen/SU reference catalogue the standard needle for a UK TR4A is TW and QW for a US spec car. For a UK car one grade richer would be SW and one grade weaker C1W. When I fitted K & N high flow air filters many years ago the received wisdom was that I would need a richer needle to allow for the greater air flow. This was not the case, I retained the TWs and on a rolling road the car showed no unacceptable weakening at higher engine speeds.


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing to go for is the piston and damper.  AUC8114 works a treat instead of the AUC8103 that may have been fitted.

Peter W

PS how to modify or check what you have fitted is here - plastic ones are easy as they have the part number moulded on them.


Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.