Tracing the Jersey Based History of my TR6

My TR6 was first registered in 1972 on the island of Jersey. Well,  presumably it was as it was manufactured on 17/5/72 and shipped to St. Helier Garages Ltd. direct from the factory. It was subsequently registered on the U.K. mainland on 1/4/81 (and then on the IoM on 13/9/93 and back to the mainland, re-registered with age appropriate plate on 28/8/2008).

I’m interested in establishing it’s history while on Jersey and to that end I’ve contacted the Jersey Driving and Standards Agency who were really responsive but unfortunately can’t help as 1972 predates their computerised records. They advised me to contact the Jersey Archive who have come back saying without the J registration number they can’t help. I only have the engine, body numbers and colour etc. from the factory records.

Has anyone any suggestions on how I might continue the search? 

Many Thanks.

Hi Paulfc
Your profile doesn't signify you are a TR Register member?
Maybe Jersey Royal on this forum can help, he is a Jersey TR person born and bred? Send him a pm
Also the TR6 registrar, Derek Graham may be able to help, his contact details are in TR Action, and he also has a presence on here
Good Luck
Ian