An Italian adventure

Have just got back from a trip to Italy with Dave Soloman in his TR4A where we did the 12 in 12 Alpine rally.  (That's 12 alpine passes in 12 hours)   It was a great event with a great mixture of cars being entered.  I will write up a full report for TRaction later but for now here are a few snap shots of the event.   It was good to know that the authorities had put some STRING  up on some of the worst corners to stop you going over a 500 foot drop! 

hoges.  

P9130219.JPG

P9090144.JPG

P9090154.JPG

So did I Bob.   We didn't see any of that stuff as we were not on that side of Italy but it makes impressive reading. Especially the bloody great howitzer the Italians took to the top of one mountain to shell the Austrians. I believe its still there. 

hoges 

PS the pic of us standing by Dave's car is half way up the Furka Pass at the spot where Sean Connery/James Bond parked his Aston DB5 when tailing Goldfinger's Rolls Royce. 

22 hours ago, Paul Hogan said:

PS the pic of us standing by Dave's car is half way up the Furka Pass at the spot where Sean Connery/James Bond parked his Aston DB5 when tailing Goldfinger's Rolls Royce. 

So now people will say, Paul Hogan and David Soloman parked here in Davids TR4a the one seen at Silverstone on the drivers Parade lap. They’ll be impressive.

I did note the Pot holes and crakes in road, it seems there are parts of Europe that have roads that suffer as much as ours here.

Edited by Misfit

I doubt if anyone will be impressed with the photo, David or myself let alone be saying such things but I did think some people might like to know where the pic was taken given its role UK film history. As for taking proper precautions,  well you don't meet many people on an alp when driving  and since we got back I'm now in 2 weeks isolation. 

hoges. 

5 hours ago, Paul Hogan said:

I doubt if anyone will be impressed with the photo, David or myself let alone be saying such things but I did think some people might like to know where the pic was taken given its role UK film history. As for taking proper precautions,  well you don't meet many people on an alp when driving  and since we got back I'm now in 2 weeks isolation. 

hoges. 

Well Paul I’m impressed, that Dave’s car Is still shinny enough having travelled in Switzerland/Italy, to see your reflection on it. My comment wasn’t really intended to be taken to seriously.  While you are not Sean Connery I’m sure I recall someone said you were impotent so perhaps TR members will mark that spot when they pass. 
Derek