Time to repaint the TR4: any recommended businesses

Hi: i have had my TR4 for over 40 years and it was last sprayed quite some time ago but now needs doing again - underlying body is fine.

Can anyone recommend any good sprayshops within say a 30 mile radius of Stoke - say up to South Mancheter and down to North Birmingham and east to Derby and west to Shrewsbury.

Thanks

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi: i got a quote from a chap in Stoke for £2500 - would this be reasonable? 

Further, my car is white from new but not sure which shade - has anyone got a colour chart or link to same for TR4/4A paint options please?

Thanks

Steve

That’s such a good price I’d question what prep they are including in the price.  So you know what you have to do. 

where was it as I’m in Congleton and always interested in local contacts. 

you can Pm me if you’d prefer 

I know Cheshire classic car establishments would want £15k +

Edited by Hamish

Having worked for a commercial Truck Sales Main Dealer the going rate for a 6x4 Artic in 2 pack with front bonnet and wings removed and a full chassis colour change and with wheels off was in the 2.5 K area. Now I know that car expectations can be greater but my customers included Blue chip and Council (pain in the ass, who always added to the spec after agreeing contract) and you did not get away with shoddy workmanship and poor results. 

I should try some other shops or ask for recommendations from the forum.

Mick Richards 

• 1 month later...

Good evening: thanks for the replies. Decided to postpone the respray as spent a lot on full rebuild of all rear suspension and had cylinder head re worked due to valve problems - back now fighting fit. Also my steam engine is due an overhaul as from 1st January 2021 as PSSR 2000 certification expires the day before. Many tens of thousands of pounds to be spent on the forthcoming overhaul and most of the work will be done by asome mates and myself  - bah!!

Edited by Sulzer 12LDA28C