Colour change

What are the general views in the TR world of a colour change? My car was originally Conifer but has since been sprayed a shade of BRG. I like Conifer and am a huge fan of Brooklands but my wife has suggested white or 'wedgewood' blue. Is it a huge problem when selling a car (not any time soon but not getting any younger) to have a colour change? I.e would it put you off? Just to add my car will never be concours bit will be an A1 condition car eventually :)

Thanks

I suspect that any replies will fall into 2 groups.  The " originality at all costs" brigade ( a bit silly really as all cars will have had replacement parts by now, so cannot strictly be original) and those that will say "It's your car, paint it whatever colour you want" As it is already the non-original paint, what difference does it make if you change it to another?  Bear in mind though that interior trims were "matched" to paint, so it could look a little odd if you choose the wrong combination of paint to trim.  I don't think anyone would be able to accurately judge what difference a colour change makes to the value of the car, especially considering that, as you acknowledge, your car is not concours.  Please yourself, not others.

Your car you can paint it whatever colour you like, though if your going for a colour change then its always better to do the whole thing inside and out rather than just blow round the outside.

Stuart.

24 minutes ago, stuart said:

Your car you can paint it whatever colour you like, though if your going for a colour change then its always better to do the whole thing inside and out rather than just blow round the outside.

Stuart.

With Stuart, do it properly if your going to do it. Any new buyer will be put off a little opening boot/bonnet to find it has not been totally covered.

Paul