AEROSOL PAINT FRENCH BLUE STANDARD TRIUMPH CODE 126 ( DUPONT CODE 43021) WHERE CAN I TRUST TO BUY FROM ?

I think I wrote what I needed to in the title - Whoops --  Anyone can help please - I tried on ebay and generally online but customers reviews were saying not correct match to their French blue code 126 - Maybe there is shades - Mmm ?   Any pointers to where I can get a 400ml spray tin from would be grateful -- Andrew

Hi Andrew

Rod Rawlings (modelbuilder on the forum) helped me out when I was trying to find an aerosol for Vauxhall Extra Dark Wine (Droop Snoot and Chevette colour) when I was recreating my old rally car in 1/43 scale.
He told me about paints4u.com - https://www.paints4u.com/

The colour I was after was from the late70's early 80's and had been discontinued, even the paint code I had didn't appear in any searches, BUT, paints4u were spot on! Great service after I emailed them, worth a try.

I don't know about faded/shades of blue though............................................

While I am at it, a big thumbs up for Rod and all the help and advice, not to mention parts, he gave me when building/converting my model, thank you Rod.

Good luck

Ian

I tried two of the "normal" suppliers and both were way off. However my car did have a new heritage shell so maybe they chose a shade lighter when that was sprayed

Maybe better to take the car or a body part to a local paint supplier and get them to knock up a can for you

kc

Hi Andrew

My advice is find a local good independant paint and bodyshop materials wholesaler and get the to mix a can.

The best way is to take a body part in they will scan it and mix a colour to match that colour, so your aeroslo will match the colour of your car faded or bright and not simply be what the factory painted back in the 1970's.

I took the front air vent off my 72 into Sparaywell paints in the mids and they mixed an aerosol and the match is so close to perfect i really can't tell.

It wasn't expensive and took maybe 10 mins.

But you need to find someone that can match the colour by scanning something off the car thats been in a similar position sun wise due to fading.

Cheers    Keith