Part identification

I was out for a drive in my TR5 this morning and after turning a corner I heard a tinkling sound underneath me and saw a washer/shim like item bouncing down the road behind me. Can anyone give me any clue what or where it might have come from. I didn’t notice any change in driving afterwards and when I picked it up it was quite hot. Pound coin to give perspective of size. Thanks

Mike

44967326-9723-4725-A38F-0ADFF105DDBB.jpeg

Its a body mounting shim, if its hot it may well be from the ones either side of the engine compartment.

Stuart.

1 minute ago, Aldpilot said:

Thanks Stuart. I now know where to look. 
Mike

They are also fitted under rear mounts adjacent to the the boot floor each side and under the rear parcel shelf so you`ll have to go hunting.

Stuart.

17 minutes ago, Tom Fremont said:

(8) p/n CD26326 in the TR250 parts book by TRF ( supposedly replicate of the factory book ). Rear spring / differential beam, T-shirt, the tail end of the frame and front shock tower struts are the (4) sites shown.

Tom

Correct same for TR6. Body mounts

Stuart

Edited by stuart
1 hour ago, ntc said:

Hi Jerry

I would be concerned if it was 

Hi Neil, nice to see you back on the forum.

Stuart, you are probably right but I can imagine there being a bucket of them on the production line for those 'it fits where it touches' moments.

Jerry

I would be surprised to hear of one of those just falling out. They get clamped pretty good between the body and the frame and then everything gets welded together with corrosion. They are usually accompanied by one or more rubber shims, perhaps they disintegrated and alowed this ally one to drop out. Since you have that one loose I would continue on and do a full frame up.

Stan

Well guys, you certainly gave me lots of places to look, but Stuart got it in one. The front offside mounting on the wheel arch was where the part came from. The rest of the body mountings were tight, so there was not much movement for the gap it left, but I suspect it would be different when moving. I have now replaced it with rubber washers both side of the shim and all seems well. Thanks again for the guidance.

Mike

E780367D-8559-4692-8617-54CBBB54F4AF.jpeg