Sparkplug gap

It isn't the spark plug type which determines the gap required, it's really the coil. If you have a 'sports' coil you could safely go a bit wider than the book figure - say .030" (0.76mm) but whether there is any advantage in doing that is debatable.

Using a wider plug gap with a standard coil can shorten its life, because the higher peak voltages required to break down the gap will put more stress on the insulation of the windings. 

2 hours ago, tr6tuga said:

Maybe a dum question, but should I set the gap acording to bb when using a iridium tip sparkplug?

I use iridium tipped plugs in an old Holden V8  gapped as is in the box. In  this  V8 the back plugs near the firewall are a pain to change. It's too risky trying to regap the fine electrodes.

I don't use these plugs in the TR6 as I'm happy with the anti fouling properties of my NGK BUR6ET's.

12 hours ago, tr6tuga said:

Maybe a dum question, but should I set the gap acording to bb when using a iridium tip sparkplug?

Didn't think you were supposed to change the gap with these? Just use straight out of the box.