New Forum display

Biggest problem is the side pane on some posts making the effective view of the actual topic only half the page, totally ruins any pictures in the thread as they are much smaller, yes I know you can click on them and they will open up but its a much more laborious process plus the quotes being truncated and having to expand them again to give proper context. I presume this update is to be more Phone friendly rather than PC as that seems to be the way the world is going now. FWIW I use Firefox with latest versions updated automatically.

Stuart.

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience whilst I have been rolling out the latest updates. This has been the most significant one in a while and whilst the release notes warn you about some elements that will change , you never really know how it is going to roll - out fully until you put it live. The first major job is to back everything up in case something falls over, that in itself with the massive size of this forum, is a big job! 

But, the early issues have mainly been fixed now and Ill tidy up any left over niggles in the next few days as they come to light. 

Enjoy the refreshed forum! 

1 hour ago, Wayne Scott said:

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience whilst I have been rolling out the latest updates. This has been the most significant one in a while and whilst the release notes warn you about some elements that will change , you never really know how it is going to roll - out fully until you put it live. The first major job is to back everything up in case something falls over, that in itself with the massive size of this forum, is a big job! 

But, the early issues have mainly been fixed now and Ill tidy up any left over niggles in the next few days as they come to light. 

Enjoy the refreshed forum! 

Could you lose the side pane where it appears on some posts Wayne?

Stuart.

I find it harder to read now, a bit too much white space and the font size is a bit weak.  

I had a look at setting but can't see away to change the size?

I'm using Chrome and I can zoom it in to make it clearer, but I'd rather it worked automatically.

Thanks

Chris

I’m sure we all get used to the new format, especially as Wayne is “on top of it” Thank you Wayne!

I agree with Chris above, good comment.

And where can I mark a section as “read”? Could not find it.

Thank you,
Waldi

I think it is all about “Progress”…

Just like the fact that 25+ years ago I could use the Internet and be very happy with what it did.

Then came the updates……
And then the next updates………….
And eventually, I doesn’t work anymore, and you have to buy a new computer.

What ever happened to:

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

All done so it’s easier to use on a mobile phone screen?

Arrrrgggghhhh...

As the Who said:

“Hope I die before I get old.”

Sh1t….
Too late.

Charlie.