Beware those who wish to replace their screen as the repro ones appear to be hewn with a hammer and chisel. i have never seen rougher glass other than my last attempt at glazing a picture, Fits where it touches sort of.

I tried to smooth the lower sharp corners with a power file but gave up after achieving  nothing other than shards of flaking glass. It was like trying to put a pig in a prom dress but worse..

Looked worse than Nora batty's stockings.

It took two of us, much thanks to Alan Graham of TR6 fame, alot of slippy stuff to sort of get the factory set sort of round the glass and frame. At least it is in without a broken glass.

Not sure where I get them as I bought two screens five or so years ago but Perhaps the quality has improved but I obviously could not return it as a reject after this length of time.

All I can say is that it is in and looks OK and no cracks, or breaks in the laminations.

Rod

2 hours ago, Colin V said:

Where’s the best place for windscreen. Colin

If you want a really good one then pay the money for a Triplex one from Moss, the rest come from a variety of places but most cheaper ones are made in Turkey now.

Stuart.

13 hours ago, stuart said:

If you want a really good one then pay the money for a Triplex one from Moss, the rest come from a variety of places but most cheaper ones are made in Turkey now.

Stuart.

Mine came in a kit from Rimmers and had a made in China label. Seems OK though,

Ralph