TR2 carb linkage bell crank

Good evening. The bell crank on my TR2 H4 carbs is well worn, with lots of slop that causes the throttle not to close properly. I can't find any new parts available, so I'm wondering if anyone has any spare bits? Part numbers are pivot 106759 and lever 106756.

Thanks, Brian

I bought one from Rimmers and it was made back to front, so that the long arm was in the wrong direction. I took it to my local welder who has retired, and he altered it. The supplier was very unhelpful and refused to discuss it. But the replacement has made a major improvement to the tick over. The next job is to replace the bush on the end of the pedal connection where it emerges into the engine bay.  The bush is retained by a plate on each side and screws. Mine were fitted from the engine bay which is so difficult to reach that I asked a local man to do it for me.  He made his own tool and it was fitted in 30 mins.  Check out which side your screws are fitted.

Moss catalogue shows   106756 bellcrank lever     058282 Bush for pedal support.

If you get it done you will be able to control the tick over down to 600rpm if you want to.

Hope you make it work Richard & B.

I have a similar problem with my TR6, the hole has worn oval which allows the bell crank to twist . I have done a temporary fix by shimming behind the bell crank to restric the twist and its on my list to do a proper job as described iby Ed-h http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-15/TR6-15.html

George 

Ive had to repair quite a few of these bell cranks, not difficult to replace the pin and re-sleeve the tube it works in then replace the ball ends.

Stuart.