I have a low mileage 1974 USA TR6 and would like to put efi on it and convert to RHD

I have got a cp unleaded head, and a slightly warm camshaft.

I have some technical questions;

which push rods should I source?

what head gasket should I use?

Can anyone recommend an EFI system I can use ?

thanks

wayne

Emerald M3D. web  www.emeraldm3d.co.uk  I have been running my EFI  TR5 for over ten years now and still love the way it performs.

Emerald are a great company and consistently helpful. The back up is first class.

Yes there is cheaper options out there but, the way this firm helped me when I was in the dark and stumbling around was a joy.

I converted my original throttle bodies and single butterfly in the original airbox.

Now Jenvey have produced look alike webbers  with the injectors built inside. (if they were available when I did mine I would have used them)

Here is one I did for  a mate recently.

Regards Harry

20190429_204121_resized.jpg

Hi Wayne,

I've converted a couple of US cars to EFI and rhd recently. If you skim the US head for UK cr then you should use UK pushrods.

I use Payen head gasket. There are many threads on here about ensuring no oil leak on the pushrod side of the head. Personally I remove the lacquer from the gasket in that area only and use small amount of loctite silicon in that area only. You'll get lots of conflicting advice so choice is yours.

What you do for EFI is again up to you and your budget. I'm a machinist and fabricator so my method is largely custom made, if you want something more off the shelf, bolt on then emerald & jenvey is a good option but will hit the wallet.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 16.45.33 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 16.45.33 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 16.45.33 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 16.45.33 (5).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 16.45.33 (6).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-16 at 16.45.33.jpeg

20190510_133401.jpg

20190510_133414_001.jpg

IMG-20190428-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20200318_185850518.jpg

On 9/13/2020 at 11:07 AM, harrytr5 said:

Emerald M3D. web  www.emeraldm3d.co.uk  I have been running my EFI  TR5 for over ten years now and still love the way it performs.

Emerald are a great company and consistently helpful. The back up is first class.

Yes there is cheaper options out there but, the way this firm helped me when I was in the dark and stumbling around was a joy.

I converted my original throttle bodies and single butterfly in the original airbox.

Now Jenvey have produced look alike webbers  with the injectors built inside. (if they were available when I did mine I would have used them)

Here is one I did for  a mate recently.

Regards Harry

20190429_204121_resized.jpg

Hi Harry,

Do you know what camshaft was installed in this motor ? Make/duration, etc ?

Cheers.

Hi Wayne as Harry said camshaft is a major part, I converted mine using a conversion from EFI conversions in 2011 with the CP engine after having it on emeralds rolling road it could not be set up according to Dave it was the 150 cam that had too much overlap for the single throttle body so I changed the cam for one from Chris Witor and it set up fine.

good luck and it will be worthwhile doing.

Keith

316203BA-6004-4F97-AF49-F69B49573BFE.jpeg

On 9/15/2020 at 10:11 AM, TRTOM2498PI said:

Hi Harry,

Do you know what camshaft was installed in this motor ? Make/duration, etc ?

Cheers.

Hi Tom,

It was one of Racetorations early cam 777 I think so no idea. Racetorations do not use this cam any more as things have moved on a bit since then. Shame I did not get to drive it after being tuned on Emeralds rolling road but the owner is over the moon with it.