TR6 "rev hang" issue

hi guys. 

I have found the engine in my tr6 is reving well. I have fettled with the webbers and only one issue left. when I take my foot of the pedal, the revs are very slow to return to normal. 

Anyone have an idea why?

Edited by murrayarnold

If the spring looks fine it is worth checking your throttle cable hasn't started to fray, a broken strand can catch in the plastic sleeve and prevent the cable from returning fully.

All new springs. So heres the thing. It was OK untill I changed the emulsion tubes from f16 to f11. I also changed the air jet corrector from a 180 to a 160. Thats when the rev hang started. So how do any of those 2 changes cause this effect

Do you get the same problem when you raise the revs by pulling on the accelerator cable in the engine bay. If not, then the acc cable is likely the cause.

Did you disturb anything else when you changed the tubes?

John

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Do you get the same problem when you raise the revs by pulling on the accelerator cable in the engine bay. If not, then the acc cable is likely the cause.

Did you disturb anything else when you changed the tubes?

John

Never touched anything. All linkage. I will first swap back the air corrector jet. See result. If no change I will swap back the emulsion tubes.