TR5 For Auction

I doubt it Gary,

it is just a way of attracting more potential buyers. If I could buy a TR5 like that for that price I would be very interested.

Waldi

Its not worth much more than that estimate really as its not been that well done. Though fool and his money.;)

Stuart.

7 hours ago, stuart said:

Its not worth much more than that estimate really as its not been that well done. Though fool and his money.;)

Stuart.

Would it cost a lot to put back Stuart?

The parts are all available

Its not only the PI gear, there are other things that need sorting out too, black the sills and sill strips for one.

Stuart.

10 hours ago, roy53 said:

black sills ?

All TR5s had black sills originally with a finisher strip above.

Stuart.

The top end of this is what I bought mine for, then I spent £10000 and 1000 hours on it!

Well, my car will have matt black sills, and chrome strips exactly as it came off the road 43 years ago. Bill Piggott's book states that 5 sills were black and so does Stuart, who does seem to be the go-to guru on this great forum. Unless we bought a 5 from new I don't suppose anybody knows how original their car is.

Just my view.

Tim

Hi Guys,

As mentioned, the car has carbs and not the original Lucas petrol injection so the advertisement is misleading. It will be interesting to see if it sells and at what price. It is worth noting that Historics charge a 10% buyer's commission which I think is subject to VAT at 20%. So if it sells at the auction for the £27,000 then the buyer will actually pay £30,240. Still, despite the anomalies mentioned, it would in my view appear to be a steal at that price! 

Regards,

Denis

• 2 weeks later...

It was sold under the hammer for £34k. With the commission and VAT that would make £38,488, which I would have thought is about right for this particular car.

Regards,

Denis