Hood Fitting

Hi All

Just a quick question hopefully with a simple answer.

Going to be fitting a new hood. I’ve got all of the bits bar the 18 screws and nuts that attach the rubber retaining channels to the frame.

Was just going to buy some nice new ones but  as I’ve not any of the got the old ones i am unsure of the size.

I could get them from Rimmers etc (PX454) but prefer to get such universal items them from a local hardware supplier also i can go stainless, if only I knew the size.

Anyone any ideas of the size, imperial or metric as I don’t think it make any difference.

Cheers   Keith

Edited by Keith66
missed abit

Hi Keith,

I used M4 (or was it M5?), but basically the ones that fit without drilling. Make sure they have a low head because the rubber has to slide over them. I used very thin washers too.

Regards,

Waldi

Hi Waldi

I was thinking of M5, but as you say could be M4.

Recall how long they were?

On the low head thing i might try some Allen type heads as they seem to have very low heads

Cheers   Keith

Edited by Keith66

Hi

Took mine apart a while ago and negligently didn't do that as i should, hence the question.

I'm thinking M4 or M5 and about 10mm or so long but thought someone might know they correct size rather than me guessing.

Cheers    Keith

Hi Peter

Hope your memory’s better than mine, :) as me forgetting to measure the originals is what got me here.

A 12mm M4 is about equivalent to a half inch No8, so I shouldn’t be a million miles out.

Cheers    Keith

I just did my TR6 top. There are 4 longer screws to accommodate the multiple layers of metal in some places. 

14 8-32 pan head slotted machine screws, 3/8 inch long
4 8-32 pan head slotted machine screws, 1/2 inch long
18 8-32 nuts, flat washers & lock washers

Also, the rubber seal from TRF had an open channel underneath and was well clear of any screw heads. I just lubed it up and slid it in.

Edited by foster461
On 9/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, AarhusTr6 said:

Hi

Confusingly on mine, my driver side is flush to window, the passenger side has about a finger gap from frame to window . . any ideas before I pull it apart?

Rich

The fixings are in slotted holes so may need moving over.

Stuart.