Friday fun

Surely if he is a science teacher he should realise that the largest child should be in the swing he is about to launch, and then the children in descending size order spread across the swings in order to transmit the maximum amount of force and gain the best momentum to be input at the further end...perhaps he isn't a science teacher and merely a classroom assistant ?

Mick Richards

On 9/11/2020 at 4:16 PM, Motorsport Mickey said:

Surely if he is a science teacher he should realise that the largest child should be in the swing he is about to launch, and then the children in descending size order spread across the swings in order to transmit the maximum amount of force and gain the best momentum to be input at the further end...perhaps he isn't a science teacher and merely a classroom assistant ?

Mick Richards

Mick, go do an engine!!!!!!!!!

John.

If Mick were doing it he would insist that all the children were the same height above the ground (+ or –   3 thou.)

and after 500 days he would retorque the bolts holding the chains on. (Making sure that he undid the bolts ¼ turn first.)

Charlie.

11 minutes ago, Charlie D said:

If Mick were doing it he would insist that all the children were the same height above the ground (+ or –   3 thou.)

and after 500 days he would retorque the bolts holding the chains on. (Making sure that he undid the bolts ¼ turn first.)

Charlie.

And if he lubes before torquing back off the torque wrench 20%

Maybe, if he did less talking and more engineering, he'd finish the job ;)

:lol::lol::lol:......you guys xx

Mick Richards

On 9/14/2020 at 2:15 PM, Charlie D said:

Charlie.

Don't forget the fire wall :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, roy53 said:

Don't forget the fire wall :ph34r:

:huh: I did...sob.

Mick Richards

On 9/11/2020 at 4:16 PM, Motorsport Mickey said:

Mick Richards

I remember my science teacher Dennis Cann was quite a vindictive, bad tempered man who would lash out at you in those days for the slightest misdemeanour.

If that was him I’ve no doubt he is actually tethering the poor lad’s swing to the pole whilst the others swing happily away. 

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits
8 hours ago, boxofbits said:

I remember my science teacher Dennis Cann was quite a vindictive, bad tempered man who would lash out at you in those days for the slightest misdemeanour.

If that was him I’ve no doubt he is actually tethering the poor lad’s swing to the pole whilst the others swing happily away. 

Kevin

Kevin - it depicts a science experiment, Newton's cradle, rather than the natural swinging. Mind you, our physics teacher was no stranger to dishing out the slipper to miscreants whatever the misdemeanour, you can be sure we all paid attention in his classes!
Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...